Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Mason MS in Management of Secure Information Systems
I'm thinking about doing this program to shift over to Cyber and reading the course outline it seems like the program is accessible to non-IT/CS professionals. Anyone have an opinion on this program or school? As some additional info, this program will be covered 100% by my gibill so the cost isn't an issue. Thanks!

Site:
Cyber Security Degree & Programs | George Mason University
Which Grad Program is Right for Me
deuce2w Wrote:I'm thinking about doing this program to shift over to Cyber and reading the course outline it seems like the program is accessible to non-IT/CS professionals. Anyone have an opinion on this program or school? As some additional info, this program will be covered 100% by my gibill so the cost isn't an issue. Thanks!

Site:
Cyber Security Degree & Programs | George Mason University
Which Grad Program is Right for Me

Wow, this is a nice program. From doing a skim through and also searched their designation (CAE/CAE-R), they seem like a great solid choice.
It's 50 grand for this program, but if cost is not an issue, you can certainly apply for it. Are you in VA as this seems like a campus based program?
It's Regionally Accredited, their Business programs are AACSB accredited (including this MS in Management of Secure Info Systems, I think).
From their website, they've got a lot of info I would like when choosing a program... the only exception is the $ (for me, I need it cheap)

There are other schools in this list that have both designations: https://www.caecommunity.org/resources/cae-institutions
The DSST webpage has this in their top 10 rankings: Top 10 Universities for Cybersecurity | DSST | Get College Credit
It's a top rated program from this site in 2015: The Top Cybersecurity Universities & Information Security Universities | ObserveIT
HP has it as one of the top programs from 2014: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_...Report.pdf
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm local to northern Virginia so the Saturday in-person classes work for me, although I'm sure it will have an online component too. I also liked that the overseas trip is paid through tuition, so I get a semi-vacation through the program as well. I was looking at their executive MBA too but honestly I don't want to do management at this time and this degree seemed like a nice hybrid that would let me switch over to cyber and also qualify me for management when I want to make the switch.
cheersmate It seems you've found yourself a very good program. Go for it! Hope it works well for you...
The only thing I would recommend is maybe read some reviews of specific classes you're going to be taking...
Just to see if there are some information that will be helpful in your studies and prepare you for whats to come.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I got in! Also learned that something new is they pay for you to go to DEF CON and CES in Las Vegas (minus airfare). The capstone is a shark tank type presentation to multiple local IT business leaders (NoVa is a IT hub for east coast). Have to say I'm pleased that I was accepted despite my lack of working in the IT industry. Smile
deuce2w Wrote:they pay for you to go to DEF CON

I'm pretty jealous. I haven't been to that in ages.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 580 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  WGU MS Information Technology Management quigongene 22 7,586 09-05-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  University of Cape Town - Masters in Information Technology nyvrem 1 404 08-30-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CBE Masters in IT Management from South College EverSpinning 14 1,036 08-13-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Augusta University Msc InfoSec Management <7k durain 13 1,296 07-11-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  UCMO: Online MS Occupational Safety Management 30-36 credit, $11.8K-$14.2K bjcheung77 6 813 05-18-2023, 09:04 PM
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 714 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  WGU Master Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Imbanewbie 17 3,621 05-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Is Swiss School of management Accredited? soulblader 4 1,756 03-06-2023, 04:52 PM
  Asian institute of management mba soulblader 4 733 11-28-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: ashkir