Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting your Master with alternative credit sources
The EDU courses from Advancement Courses, VESi, PBS Teacherline, etc. can be used toward Amberton University's Master of Professional Studies. Some certifications, such as CPP from ASIS, are evaluated by ACE as graduate-level. A couple of schools give graduate credit for the PMP and CISSP certifications. Statistics.com has at least one ACE-recommended course that is graduate-level.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(11-01-2018, 11:34 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The only inexpensive MA level courses I've seen are all for teachers, and are EDU courses.  There are a FEW that might be classified as something else, but in general they are EDU courses.  And that means that unless you're going for a MA degree in Education, they usually won't fit into the MA program you want (for example, if you're wanting to get an MBA at TESU, they won't take any EDU courses).

BTW - I know you didn't ask, but I don't think anyone on this forum recommends a MA from any of the Big 3.  They are just WAY too expensive.  There are better options almost anywhere else.

I didn't know that they are one of the most expensive. But at the other hand, if you could bring in credit from other sources that it might be even the cheapest option.

I am looking for a master degree. The quicker and cheaper the course, the better.  It just have to be regional accredited.
The quickest and cheapest for the majority of people are the competency-based degrees. If you have prior knowledge or have a lot of time, you can finish in 6 months, possibly less.

That is with having no transfer credits. There's not a lot of places to get transfer credits that apply to these anyway, not cheap or quick.

They typically require a lot of papers to be written as well as a Capstone. It's not like testing out through CLEP or Study.com.

A lot of the competency-based degrees are either an MBA, an IT degree, or an Education degree. WGU offers all three of those. JFK University has an MBA. Purdue Global has an MBA. NAU has a Computer Info Tech degree. Capella has a fairly bad reputation but has some other options.

Some are under $4000 when you finish quickly. Non-competency based is typically $6500-12000 or more, even with the maximum, cheapest transfer credits. And often you have to attend for at least a full year.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Muldoon
Actually I have found this national accredited university : https://www.uopeople.edu/programs/ba/deg...erability/

This is a tuition free university that allows credits to be transferred up to 50% of the total amount of credits. I'll have a look what they accept as valid credits.
TESU has a PLA for graduate credit but I know nothing about it.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(11-02-2018, 09:25 AM)den_tom Wrote: Actually I have found this national accredited university : https://www.uopeople.edu/programs/ba/deg...erability/

This is a tuition free university that allows credits to be transferred up to 50% of the total amount of credits. I'll have a look what they accept as valid credits.

Earlier you mentioned that you need your degree to be regionally accredited. As you just said, U of People is nationally accredited.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(11-02-2018, 08:16 AM)den_tom Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 11:34 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The only inexpensive MA level courses I've seen are all for teachers, and are EDU courses.  There are a FEW that might be classified as something else, but in general they are EDU courses.  And that means that unless you're going for a MA degree in Education, they usually won't fit into the MA program you want (for example, if you're wanting to get an MBA at TESU, they won't take any EDU courses).

BTW - I know you didn't ask, but I don't think anyone on this forum recommends a MA from any of the Big 3.  They are just WAY too expensive.  There are better options almost anywhere else.

I didn't know that they are one of the most expensive. But at the other hand, if you could bring in credit from other sources that it might be even the cheapest option.

I am looking for a master degree. The quicker and cheaper the course, the better.  It just have to be regional accredited.

Even bringing in credit, they're still not the cheapest options.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,666 516,853 6 hours ago
Last Post: nykorn
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 300 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,519 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,619 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 713 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 496 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Master’s (Titulo Propio) from Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona? lincolnlawyer 40 2,448 02-27-2024, 02:04 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer