Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting back into the swing of things...TESC related
I've researched TESC time and time again on this forum but was never quite ready to start. I'm now ready to take the plunge, but I'm completely unaware how things work now at TESC. Any major changes since early 2014? Any new requirements? I've had my credits evaluated in 2013 (48 accepted) but I'm pretty sure it's no good anymore. After having them re-evaluated, what should be my next step? I'm aiming for a Social Science degree. I apologize in advance if I'm asking a question that already been addressed.
JBS Wrote:I've researched TESC time and time again on this forum but was never quite ready to start. I'm now ready to take the plunge, but I'm completely unaware how things work now at TESC. Any major changes since early 2014? Any new requirements? I've had my credits evaluated in 2013 (48 accepted) but I'm pretty sure it's no good anymore. After having them re-evaluated, what should be my next step? I'm aiming for a Social Science degree. I apologize in advance if I'm asking a question that already been addressed.

I don't think much has changed. I know all community college credits are lower level now. I know you will have to reapply and get reevaluated. Once you get your academic evaluation just start knocking out courses or credit by exam.

Bricabrac's BA in Social Science - Degree Forum Wiki

Sanantone's BA in Social Science - Degree Forum Wiki
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
Thanks for responding! So after the credit eval, I should start taking tests and THEN enroll and complete the capstone?
JBS Wrote:Thanks for responding! So after the credit eval, I should start taking tests and THEN enroll and complete the capstone?

You can do that or enroll in the pay per credit plan and utilize TECEP's to fulfill the residency requirement. I believe you only have 6 months before you have to enroll if you opt to not do the pay per credit plan. The pay per credit plan will be cheaper if you utilize TECEP's.
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
Take a look at the new degree plan. Thomas Edison State College: Social Sciences

At one time the ethics course was strongly suggested, now it's required. Under the Personal & Social Responsibility section:
- DSST Ethics in America / Straigherline (SL) Business Ethics fills the Ethics slot.
- CLEP or SL Intro to Sociology and SL Cultural Anthropology or Intro to Religion fill the Diversity slots.

Area of Study:
You could then use TECEPs PSY270 Psychology of Women, SOC210 Marriage & the Family, and PSY350 Abnormal Psychology in the Area of Study. Also, consider using TECEPs POS-101 Introduction to Political Science and POS-282 Introduction to Comparative Politics.
Thomas Edison State College: All TECEPÂ Tests

Are you using financial aid? If not, take a look at the new Pay Per Credit Tuition Plan. The thread is linked in my signature. In my post I also list recommended TECEPs. You can use 7 TECEPs and the capstone to complete degree for less than the enrolled options plan.

Good luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Take a look at the new degree plan. Thomas Edison State College: Social Sciences

At one time the ethics course was strongly suggested, now it's required. Under the Personal & Social Responsibility section:
- DSST Ethics in America / Straigherline (SL) Business Ethics fills the Ethics slot.
- CLEP or SL Intro to Sociology and SL Cultural Anthropology or Intro to Religion fill the Diversity slots.

Area of Study:
You could then use TECEPs PSY270 Psychology of Women, SOC210 Marriage & the Family, and PSY350 Abnormal Psychology in the Area of Study. Also, consider using TECEPs POS-101 Introduction to Political Science and POS-282 Introduction to Comparative Politics.
Thomas Edison State College: All TECEPÂ Tests

Are you using financial aid? If not, take a look at the new Pay Per Credit Tuition Plan. The thread is linked in my signature. In my post I also list recommended TECEPs. You can use 7 TECEPs and the capstone to complete degree for less than the enrolled options plan.

Good luck!

Thanks so much again for all the help. The pay per credit plan is looking pretty good, but I still need a little more clarity. Can the degree be completed using only TECEPs/Capstone or will I still need tests from outside sources to go along with them? Like I mentioned before, TESC previously evaluated my transcripts and accepted 48 of my credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,634 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  I'm back. So much has changed! Snickerdoodle 9 2,093 06-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Back At It Again - Need Help MrBossmanJr 20 2,940 03-11-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,447 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,192 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,984 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,347 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,764 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,742 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,267 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808