Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master's in Accounting - IU
I was looking at this program earlier:  https://www.edx.org/masters/online-maste...university. I realized that if you complete the MicroMasters in Accounting you'll reduce the total amount of the degree to around $14,000. What are your thoughts on this type of program? Also are there other possible Masters in Accounting at a lower price range? Though it's quite hard to beat the brand factor with this one. All of these options are creating beautiful possibilities for the future.
Interesting. So the degree is delivered through EdX but is an Indiana University program? I am not familiar with this type of stuff as my programs are offered solely through the university. I am interested in learning how this stuff works though!
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
These type of programs offered are just the same as the on-campus program, but it's offered online in partnership with Edx. Other players in the field are Coursera, FutureLearn (mainly Australia/UK uni's), Udacity, etc. I highly recommend them as you get to save on cash, get a name brand Masters, learn online vs on-campus.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-12-2019, 11:03 AM)ThatBankDude Wrote: Interesting. So the degree is delivered through EdX but is an Indiana University program? I am not familiar with this type of stuff as my programs are offered solely through the university. I am interested in learning how this stuff works though!
Yep. Not only from Indiana University but from their business school which is a top 10 program in the US.

This option is just as interesting as going to Harvard Extension since the degree will not have any stigma of “lower” value attached to it.

It seems to be viewed exactly the same as their b&m campus programs and has some type of short voluntary residence for students to take courses in the b&m campus, though I’m not sure about how that works. I’m on my mobile now so can’t do much research.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 242 3 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,663 514,538 7 hours ago
Last Post: eLearner
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 482 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,511 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,614 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 711 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 490 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Master’s (Titulo Propio) from Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona? lincolnlawyer 40 2,445 02-27-2024, 02:04 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer