Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting started with BALS (Template Q&A)
(03-14-2019, 11:45 AM)CiggyTardust Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 08:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here's one for you.

Hi @dfrecore and everyone else  Smile

I've been away for a few weeks because life got hectic but the good news is I'm enrolled at TESU and they sent me back my Academic Evaluation.  When I look it over, it looks a bit different from the plan you laid out for me @dfrecore (see this link for the evaluation).  I'm wondering about the courses you listed under Free Electives in my plan that are now under B: Liberal Stud in the Academic Evaluation--is the evaluation considered the final word or can I structure it as you did in the plan from above?  Now with the discrepancy I'm a bit confused on my path forward so any insights you can offer would be much appreciated.  

So, I couldn't put things in exactly the right spots since I wasn't sure what they would confirm things as - better to think they'll only come in as Free Electives than find out later they won't work as you'd hoped.  It's why I have the caveat at the bottom: "This is an approximation of what TESU will create during their evaluation process.  It is intended as a guide, not as a guarantee."

So, I updated the plan.  The one thing I did was keep Comparative Politics up in the Civic Engagement requirement - you can opt to take American Government, put it there, and then move CompPol down to the LL AOS or you can just take something else that will work in the LL AOS.  Totally up to you.

I did not put CAC125: New Majors Orientation in KHC, since it's only 1cr and it will get bumped out when you take 4 3cr courses and put them there.

Also, it looks like TESU missed IAS252: Develop Processes Leadership - they need to evaluate that single 1cr course.

Attached Files
.pdf   CiggyTardust TESU BALS.pdf (Size: 72.07 KB / Downloads: 6)
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
(03-14-2019, 12:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 11:45 AM)CiggyTardust Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 08:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here's one for you.

Hi @dfrecore and everyone else  Smile

I've been away for a few weeks because life got hectic but the good news is I'm enrolled at TESU and they sent me back my Academic Evaluation.  When I look it over, it looks a bit different from the plan you laid out for me @dfrecore (see this link for the evaluation).  I'm wondering about the courses you listed under Free Electives in my plan that are now under B: Liberal Stud in the Academic Evaluation--is the evaluation considered the final word or can I structure it as you did in the plan from above?  Now with the discrepancy I'm a bit confused on my path forward so any insights you can offer would be much appreciated.  

So, I couldn't put things in exactly the right spots since I wasn't sure what they would confirm things as - better to think they'll only come in as Free Electives than find out later they won't work as you'd hoped.  It's why I have the caveat at the bottom: "This is an approximation of what TESU will create during their evaluation process.  It is intended as a guide, not as a guarantee."

So, I updated the plan.  The one thing I did was keep Comparative Politics up in the Civic Engagement requirement - you can opt to take American Government, put it there, and then move CompPol down to the LL AOS or you can just take something else that will work in the LL AOS.  Totally up to you.

I did not put CAC125: New Majors Orientation in KHC, since it's only 1cr and it will get bumped out when you take 4 3cr courses and put them there.

Also, it looks like TESU missed IAS252: Develop Processes Leadership - they need to evaluate that single 1cr course.

Thanks so much!  You caught a course they missed--I'll be sure to reach out to them about that Smile

Can anyone chime in on the TEEX Cybersecurity courses?  I believe they were expiring last I checked in January--have they been renewed for ACE eligibility?
The TEEX Cybersecurity courses were recently renewed and evaluated by ACE for more credit hours than before. They now expire in November 2021. They also added a few new low cost online courses. The most recent ACE evaluation and recommendations for the previous and new courses can be found on the ACE TEEX information page.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  in 2017 I gave up on this before I even started. Now I'm serious, but I need help. David.Hamad 21 747 05-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  BALS - Advice Needed. GaKim 15 418 04-22-2019, 01:07 PM
Last Post: GaKim
Star 2019 most recent BALS degree plan? christian511 4 331 02-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Music Upper Level BALS Courses TexasTink 17 1,257 09-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: zzzz24
  Help with BALS plan justmelly 5 493 07-28-2018, 10:48 PM
Last Post: jeffreymb
  TESU BALS Degree Plan Help Airframer 24 1,370 07-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Last Post: allvia
Smile Plan recommendation for TESU BALS (updated) Vandy 8 1,023 06-13-2018, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Vandy
Smile Plan recommendation for TESU BALS (study.com) Vandy 2 363 04-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Vandy
  MOOCs you've done or started, and your opinion of them Ideas 16 865 03-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  "Checkbox" BA Degree - BALS or Psych? Nodaclu 7 1,117 12-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Nodaclu