Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Princples of statistics
I just need 3 more credits for math to complete my CCAF and I am thinking about taking Princples of Statistics. Has anyone ever took this DSST before and if so how difficult was it? And what does the test questions consist of? thanks for te help
Have you thought about taking one of the ALEKS courses? The three stats courses are all ACE recommended for upper-level credit, and you can complete them in less than one day each if you already have a working knowledge of the subject and can test higher than 70%.
NCU MBA-HCA (July 2013)
B.P.S. in Business & Management - Excelsior (End of 2012)
B.S. in Health Care Administration - Columbia Southern University (May 2012)
A.A.S. in Business - Columbia Southern University (February 2012)
AHA BLS Instructor
I thought the Statistics one was pretty rough, I missed it by about 10 points(didnt study too much though). Hit up the math lessons on Khan Academy, you should be able to pass the College Math or College Algrbra ones. Then give the statistics one a try if you want(since you can take each one once for free anyways). Brush up on adding/multiplying fractions and when to do which, that was my issue with the statistics one.
rlee7575 Wrote:Have you thought about taking one of the ALEKS courses? The three stats courses are all ACE recommended for upper-level credit, and you can complete them in less than one day each if you already have a working knowledge of the subject and can test higher than 70%.

ALEKS does not transfer over to CCAF, neither does Straighterline. The only non-traditional math credits that transfer over are the CLEP/DSST exams.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Vandalet Wrote:I thought the Statistics one was pretty rough, I missed it by about 10 points(didnt study too much though). Hit up the math lessons on Khan Academy, you should be able to pass the College Math or College Algrbra ones. Then give the statistics one a try if you want(since you can take each one once for free anyways). Brush up on adding/multiplying fractions and when to do which, that was my issue with the statistics one.

Statistics is more difficult than people make it out to be on this site. You can't go into it cold or without actually knowing the subject matter. Extensive study is not neccessary, but you definitely need to study/know formulas/terms.

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

gsauce42 Wrote:I just need 3 more credits for math to complete my CCAF and I am thinking about taking Princples of Statistics. Has anyone ever took this DSST before and if so how difficult was it? And what does the test questions consist of? thanks for te help
This exam was one of my better exams. Only spent 3-4 days studying, and it was fun. Not a bad test if you like that type of stuff. The Peterson's tests supplemented with IC is the golden key to success.
Best of luck!
Make sure CCAF will take statistics for your degree. You do not want to take a course that is too specialized because it will not count for your CCAF, only 100-200 level classes.
massie Wrote:Make sure CCAF will take statistics for your degree. You do not want to take a course that is too specialized because it will not count for your CCAF, only 100-200 level classes.

CCAF accepts statistics for the math portion. I used it for my degree.

PrLoko-isms