Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gies iMBA Scholarship
I'm enrolled in the University of Illinois Coursera mini-MBA to knock out some prep courses before applying to their full MBA program. I received this email with offering a 70% needs based scholarship:

Quote:At Gies College of Business, we are committed to breaking down barriers and making high-quality business education affordable and accessible to as many learners as possible. That is why we are proud to announce, in partnership with Coursera, that we are offering a limited number of need-based and diversity-based scholarships for each of our online programs – iMBA, iMSA, and iMSM.

Students applying for Fall 2021, as well as later terms, will be eligible to apply for a scholarship covering 70% of the cost of tuition. The opportunity to apply for these scholarships can be found within the program application itself and will require an additional essay outlining the prospective student’s financial need for a scholarship and/or commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To be eligible for a scholarship and begin your program in August, your application must be submitted by June 1, 2021.

At Gies, you can count on unmatched quality, flexibility, and affordability that will help you achieve an immediate return on investment and enduring career lift. By providing scholarship opportunities we will continue to realize our mission and vision to democratize education for all. 

If you have any questions, please reach out to our team at giesonline@illinois.edu
At a $22,000 program cost, that could bring it down to $6,600. Cool
[-] The following 3 users Like bigrivergroup's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ROYISAGIRL, tesu-acct-student
Ho Ho Ho! Merry oh wait, it's Easter! <switches clothing> You know, that'll be amazingly cheap for an IMSM, it's only slightly over $10.8K and with the 70% off, it'll be around $3.5K for an IMSM! My goodness! This program can be done in a year too... https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-management-illinois
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • bigrivergroup
(04-05-2021, 05:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ho Ho Ho! Merry oh wait, it's Easter!  <switches clothing>  You know, that'll be amazingly cheap for an IMSM, it's only slightly over $10.8K and with the 70% off, it'll be around $3.5K for an IMSM!  My goodness!  This program can be done in a year too... https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-management-illinois
I dont think the coursera link mentions the scholarship, but heres the direct link,

https://giesbusiness.illinois.edu/gradua...management
As dumb and insulting as I think a "minority-based" scholarship is... I'm tempted to see if I could get in on that  Cool

EDIT: My mistake! As bigrivergroup points out in the post below, it says "diversity-based," not "minority-based". I do, however, still think it's dumb and insulting.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

(04-06-2021, 07:16 AM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: As dumb and insulting as I think a "minority-based" scholarship is... I'm tempted to see if I could get in on that  Cool

I realize "diversity, equity, and inclusion" are triggers words nowadays but where does their marketing say "minority-based"? Perhaps a commitment to helping further those goals is truly all you'll need to present.
(04-06-2021, 07:29 AM)bigrivergroup Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 07:16 AM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: As dumb and insulting as I think a "minority-based" scholarship is... I'm tempted to see if I could get in on that  Cool

I realize "diversity, equity, and inclusion" are triggers words nowadays but where does their marketing say "minority-based"? Perhaps a commitment to helping further those goals is truly all you'll need to present.
That was a misquote on my part.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Maniac Craniac's post:
  • bigrivergroup

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,206 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Looking for a scholarship that would cover for distance learning expenses blablablox 5 889 11-15-2022, 10:23 PM
Last Post: thodeptrai
  NYU MS Cybersecurity - 75% scholarship discount newdegree 17 2,260 12-10-2021, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  WGU Cybersecurity Scholarship. ChilliDawg 3 1,349 12-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Scholarship Imbanewbie 11 2,796 09-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  iMBA chorizo 14 2,968 07-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  University of Illinois (iMBA program) - Free Coursera Course SweetSecret 5 2,198 04-20-2019, 01:56 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Youth ministry grad scholarship DavidHume 0 1,122 03-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Last Post: DavidHume