Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girne - Health Related Studies - Scholarship
Thanks to Jonathan Whatley for noticing the online Executive MBA program at Girne.

I was just searching their site and clicked the link to their International and there is a sub link "Incredible Scholarship for Medicine Students".

Just curious to what it meant by that and noticed, it's a 100% tuition scholarship! Wow...

Alas, it's not for people in the "developed nations" as the requirement is for people in "Third World Countries".

Link: Girne American University | Girne Amerikan Üniversitesi (gau.edu.tr)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It's too bad they don't define what that even means. NationsU defines students who don't have to pay tuition as those not living in the top 35 countries by GDP. But Girne doesn't seem to do that. Do they consider a country like Romania, which is in the EU but which is very poor, to be "third world" or is it counted in with richer countries like the US and the UK?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I doubt this school would consider ANY EU country to be poor. It's in North Cyprus - the Turkish Cypriot region. Turkey has long wanted to be part of the EU for economic reasons - so it would be unlikely for Turks or their kin to look on any European nation as poor. And Turkey won't be in the EU any time soon. From Google: 

"Since 2016, accession negotiations have stalled. The EU has accused and criticized Turkey for human rights violations and deficits in rule of law. In 2017, EU officials expressed that planned Turkish policies violate the Copenhagen criteria of eligibility for an EU membership."

There's another problem here. This school is from the entity of "North Cyprus." The Turkish part, within but not part of, the Republic of Cyprus. You're getting a degree from an unrecognized country. Unrecognized as a country by any nation except Turkey. Umm - good luck with that foreign degree evaluation...

"Hello, Mr. Erdogan? Can I get a little help here? Yes, I know you have BIG problems, but... it's No, then? Sorry for troubling you...'bye."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johann's post:
  • rachel83az
Me: "There's another problem here. This school is from the entity of "North Cyprus." The Turkish part, within but not part of, the Republic of Cyprus. You're getting a degree from an unrecognized country. Unrecognized as a country by any nation except Turkey. Umm - good luck with that foreign degree evaluation..,"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final thought: Where does this school get its money from - aside from tuition paid by students?

If it's from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus - then Cyprus recognizes the school as its own and that makes it OK.
If it's from Turkey - or there IS no Government funding of any kind - then that's a different ballgame - a REAL school without a country. In that case, it might as well be on a barge floating in the Mediterranean.
(08-12-2022, 11:37 PM)Johann Wrote: Me: "There's another problem here. This school is from the entity of "North Cyprus." The Turkish part, within but not part of, the Republic of Cyprus. You're getting a degree from an unrecognized country. Unrecognized as a country by any nation except Turkey. Umm - good luck with that foreign degree evaluation..,"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final thought: Where does this school get its money from - aside from tuition paid by students?

If it's from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus - then Cyprus recognizes the school as its own and that makes it OK.
If it's from Turkey - or there IS no Government funding of any kind - then that's a different ballgame - a REAL school without a country. In that case, it might as well be on a barge floating in the Mediterranean.

It's a Private University - responsible to Turkish authorities in "North Cyprus." Not to the legitimate Government of the Republic of Cyprus. They say so.

That statement and the Turkish names here convince me that "North Cyprus" is not the Republic of Cyprus. And not Turkey either, even if Erdoğan might occasionally think it is. (I'm not sure whether he does or doesn't - not in my wheelhouse. He rents no space in my head.) And therefore, this is a school without a country. Its home is only recognized as a country by one despot, who rules a country with enough Human Rights violations to choke a camel! Fair enough. I'm officially out - and I was never in.

"Faculty of Health and Nursing School are accredited by YODAK (Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accreditation and Coordination Council for Turkish Republic of North Cyprus) and YOK (Council Of Higher Education for Turkey)." For me, that says it all. Thank you, Prof. Dr. Ismet Esenyel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 788 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Udacity & AWS AI & ML Scholarship bjcheung77 1 303 02-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,214 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios) bjcheung77 7 1,065 09-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Sallie Mae Acquires Scholarship App Scholly bjcheung77 0 180 08-22-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Uwill, mental health platform for institutions gets $30 million in funding bjcheung77 1 361 05-16-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 1,951 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 770 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  Scholarship Opportunity: Raise.Me MNomadic 7 735 10-07-2022, 09:38 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Harvard Grad - Quit law job due to mental health... bjcheung77 0 330 10-06-2022, 04:01 PM