Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global warming, human-caused climate change!
I agree with the article, I think people (as a whole) are causing havoc to Earth's natural environment.  Nations should work together in battling environmental issues, this is really not just a country or state/city level issue...

"Human-caused climate change is creating more frequent and severe heat waves in the U.S. High temperatures this week also come as the West grapples with the worst drought conditions in the last two decades."

"Recent research found that more than one-third of global heat-related deaths during warm seasons can be attributed to climate change. In the U.S., heat kills more people than any other weather disaster.|

Link: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/01/heat-wav...nada-.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • CatsDomino
I just finished the Environmental Science class on Sophia last week. It really brought this sort of thing to my attention. I mean, I always sort of “knew”, but never really gave it much thought in the last 20 or so years.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(07-01-2021, 10:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I agree with the article, I think people (as a whole) are causing havoc to Earth's natural environment.  Nations should work together in battling environmental issues, this is really not just a country or state/city level issue...

"Human-caused climate change is creating more frequent and severe heat waves in the U.S. High temperatures this week also come as the West grapples with the worst drought conditions in the last two decades."

"Recent research found that more than one-third of global heat-related deaths during warm seasons can be attributed to climate change. In the U.S., heat kills more people than any other weather disaster.|

Link: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/01/heat-wav...nada-.html

The U.S. can’t stop global climate change by itself as the U.S. only emits 15% of all carbon emissions.
https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/global-greenhouse-gas-emissions-data

The USA could move to 0% carbon emissions and it would have very little effect on the world.  
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
The USA is 3.797 million mi².

The Earth's landmass is 57.268 million mi².

So, the USA makes up only about 7% of the Earth's surface area but puts out 15% of all carbon emissions? That's still kind of a lot. Especially if other countries are seeking to emulate the American standard of living. If the US wants to be a leader, it needs to lead in cutting down on emissions and encouraging other countries to do the same.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 4 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • CatsDomino, jsd, Novo, Vle045
Did you know that there are now more trees on Earth because CO2 (our emissions) are tree-food? It seems like the Earth might be capable of renewing itself in many ways.

The US also has reduced it's emissions over the years, and we are much cleaner than many countries. China cares nothing for the environment and never will. They will introduce as much coal plants into the country as needed with zero thought about what it does to the environment or even their own people. We will continue to do what we can to clean the air, but they'll be working twice as hard to make it dirty. That's just the way it is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you very much for the article. I would also like to add that
while some scientists talk about the potential eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano in the United States, other American experts call for attention to another, closer problem - the lack of drinking water. In the east of the country, there is a severe drought; in Washington, there is a restriction on the use of water. However, there is a much more serious problem in the western United States.

California has already imposed restrictions on water use, with reports of water theft in the hardest-hit areas. Scientists say this American state has not experienced a similar drought for 1,200 years.
(07-20-2021, 06:34 AM)EthanHorn Wrote: Thank you very much for the article. I would also like to add that
while some scientists talk about the potential eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano in the United States, other American experts call for attention to another, closer problem - the lack of drinking water. In the east of the country, there is a severe drought; in Washington, there is a restriction on the use of water. However, there is a much more serious problem in the western United States.

California has already imposed restrictions on water use, with reports of water theft in the hardest-hit areas. Scientists say this American state has not experienced a similar drought for 1,200 years.

California has not created any new water storage for the last 40 years, while the population has doubled.  As Congressman Tom McClintock often says, “Droughts are nature’s fault. Water shortages are our fault.”

We KNOW there will be droughts in CA, it happens ALL THE TIME. Not creating any storage for it is just bad management.  This is ENTIRELY self-inflicted.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • EthanHorn
(07-20-2021, 10:41 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 06:34 AM)EthanHorn Wrote: Thank you very much for the article. I would also like to add that

California has not created any new water storage for the last 40 years, while the population has doubled.  As Congressman Tom McClintock often says, “Droughts are nature’s fault. Water shortages are our fault.”

We KNOW there will be droughts in CA, it happens ALL THE TIME. Not creating any storage for it is just bad management.  This is ENTIRELY self-inflicted.

The only hope is in Oroville, a 65 sq. km north of Sacramento. It is the second-largest reservoir in California. On the territory of the lake is the Feather River fish hatchery, in its waters salmon and trout are bred, and locals and tourists can rent a boat and go fishing. In general, it is very strange to look at the Environmental Summit, initiated by the United States, and not see a solution to the problem Huh .
I believe that within the next 10 years we will see a substantial increase in the construction of large-scale desalination plants.
Desalination (usgs.gov)
(07-21-2021, 08:46 AM)Alpha Wrote: I believe that within the next 10 years we will see a substantial increase in the construction of large-scale desalination plants.
Desalination (usgs.gov)

If Larry Elder (Libertarian running as Republian) becomes governor on September 14, 2021, a lot of the regulations preventing the stabilization of the water supply in CA will be removed.

The housing crisis of expensive housing is created with high regulations and builders are afraid to build and the ones that do build, their costs are high so it's passed on to the buyers.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 9 582 02-21-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  UFO hearings in congress. UFO whistleblower: 'Non-human' biologics discovered LevelUP 7 831 10-09-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Possible Career Change - Advice Needed acamp 18 1,214 06-11-2023, 06:14 PM
  Human Capital Alpha 0 434 06-04-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Global Private Tutoring Alpha 1 454 11-01-2021, 02:48 PM
  Does Global name impact? NewatTESU 7 1,289 09-19-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  [Google Play] "Human" Documentary Movie FREE *Rental* bjcheung77 0 661 07-19-2021, 07:47 PM
  HP Instant Ink Program - May change next month bjcheung77 0 735 10-19-2020, 11:28 AM
  Regent's and Galileo Global Education complete new partnership bjcheung77 0 703 10-16-2020, 06:59 PM
  any way to change the search code ? bluebooger 3 1,115 01-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Last Post: mysonx3