Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goal Achieved: 20 Grad. English Credits/Harvard Poetry Series Complete
The grades for the latest round of Harvard University Extension Poetry in America Series courses posted and I have now completed all of the courses and achieved my goal of 18 graduate credits (actually 20) so that I can now teach English at the college level or dual enrollment classes at the high school level.

Whoo Hoo!

I ended up with four A minuses and one straight up A.  I appreciate Harvard University, Professor Elisa New and the hard working teaching assistants for providing this opportunity.

Now it is time to add a line to my footer.  Smile
University of Michigan, 1997, BA Ed.; Teaching Cert.: English/Social Sciences
Marygrove College, 2003, MAT: Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
TESU, 2018, BSBA: Accounting/CIS; ASNSM: Math/Comp. Sci.; Certs: Finance, Org. Lead., Ops. Man., Marketing
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, 2018, Grad. Cert.: Economics Ed.; 18 Grad. Credits - Economics
Harvard University Extension, 2019, Poetry in America Series; 20 Grad. Credits - English
(05-28-2019, 06:40 PM)eriehiker Wrote: The grades for the latest round of Harvard University Extension Poetry in America Series courses posted and I have now completed all of the courses and achieved my goal of 18 graduate credits (actually 20) so that I can now teach English at the college level or dual enrollment classes at the high school level.

Whoo Hoo!

I ended up with four A minuses and one straight up A.  I appreciate Harvard University, Professor Elisa New and the hard working teaching assistants for providing this opportunity.

That is AWESOME!!!!!! I'm sure you can annotate like a rock-star!! Smile The dual enrollment kids will be lucky to have you. Congratulations!
Congratulations!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University (completed, set for March '20 graduation)
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University (completed set for March '20 graduation)

Up Next:
JD, School To Be Determined

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • eriehiker
And at such a good price!

Congrats.
Working on second TESU degree. Graduate in Sept? Dec?
First Masters complete. Working on another?
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
Congratulations for a job well done!  

I am finished as well!  I ended up with 2 A's and 3 A-'s.  I enjoyed it, but I think I am going to enjoy taking the summer off from classes.
20 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC. 
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019 and now on my way to collecting more graduate credits.  
[-] The following 2 users Like hsfamfun's post:
  • eriehiker, triforce828
(05-28-2019, 06:40 PM)eriehiker Wrote: The grades for the latest round of Harvard University Extension Poetry in America Series courses posted and I have now completed all of the courses and achieved my goal of 18 graduate credits (actually 20) so that I can now teach English at the college level or dual enrollment classes at the high school level.

Whoo Hoo!

Dumb question? You need X credits (at least) to be able to teach at the college level...not an MA/MS or Grad Certificate? Sound great, but where can I find this information myself?
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College.
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
(05-29-2019, 02:44 PM)dewisant Wrote:

Whoo Hoo!

Dumb question? You need X credits (at least) to be able to teach at the college level...not an MA/MS or Grad Certificate? Sound great, but where can I find this information myself?

You need a Master's, but it doesn't have to be in the subject you want to teach. You can have an unrelated Master's and 18 grad credits in the subject you want to teach.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University (completed, set for March '20 graduation)
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University (completed set for March '20 graduation)

Up Next:
JD, School To Be Determined

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • dewisant
http://www.scf.edu/Academics/FacultyCert...efault.asp

This is the best guide that I have seen about what is generally necessary to teach at the college level or as a non-AP dual enrollment teacher.

https://www.memphis.edu/lead/pdfs/so-you...er-edu.pdf

http://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/index.php
University of Michigan, 1997, BA Ed.; Teaching Cert.: English/Social Sciences
Marygrove College, 2003, MAT: Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
TESU, 2018, BSBA: Accounting/CIS; ASNSM: Math/Comp. Sci.; Certs: Finance, Org. Lead., Ops. Man., Marketing
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, 2018, Grad. Cert.: Economics Ed.; 18 Grad. Credits - Economics
Harvard University Extension, 2019, Poetry in America Series; 20 Grad. Credits - English
[-] The following 3 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • dewisant, Imbanewbie, natshar

Whoo Hoo!

Awesome accomplishment!  Congrats!
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - 30% complete in 7 weeks time.
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017
WGU Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient.
40 Credits from Stark State College(B&M), 100 ACE credits (mix of Straighterline, Study.Com, TECEP, etc.), TESU LIB-495 Capstone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU graduate - Grad School on campus program? hoffdeb 1 144 01-20-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Master's Program at Harvard Extension School HogwartsSchool 18 1,486 12-31-2019, 02:52 AM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  Northwest Nazarene Univ./Academic Research Connections: $85 per grad. credit eriehiker 0 277 11-28-2019, 08:21 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Idaho State University: Teacher Grad. Credit $55 to $100 per c/h eriehiker 0 215 11-28-2019, 07:50 PM
  WCU/iLearn Collaborative Grad. Credits eriehiker 0 183 11-28-2019, 11:01 AM
  Teacher Webchats = $50 per grad. credit N. Dakota colleges eriehiker 4 313 11-25-2019, 12:24 AM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs
  LMIS (Library/Media/Information) Grad. Credit at VCSU = $80 to $140 Per Credit Hour eriehiker 0 231 11-23-2019, 01:29 PM
  Harvard Poetry in America: Season #2 Coming Soon eriehiker 1 208 11-17-2019, 06:21 PM
Last Post: raycathode
  VirtualSC: Graduate Education Credits eriehiker 4 534 10-23-2019, 11:09 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  NationsU Grad Cert in Biblical Studies armstrongsubero 1 315 10-14-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone