Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Planning Advice - Pierpont to UMPI or WGU
WGU is a great school, but they don't like to give transfer credit for anything older than 5 years.

Also, once you start WGU, you can't bring any transfer credit.

Sophia and other providers are usually faster on average than doing WGU. If you can max transfer credits into WGU, you can give yourself an excellent chance to finish WGU in one term.

If you are going to leave WGU for UMPI, then I don't know why you are wasting time taking more courses with WGU. Free or not, wasting time wouldn't be doing you any good.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Here's a thread you may want to investigate and dig through the links and other threads I have pointed to, the reason is there is a comparison of UMPI vs WGU, it depends on the student, as I mentioned in this thread in earlier replies... Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...PI-Pathway

Repeat of post #6: Merged the two threads, it's best to see if you can get another mentor. I suggest you to see if staying with WGU outweighs other options. I think I would stay and get another mentor for the rest of your studies. Good luck...

Repeat of post #9: You've got 61 credits, great job! Make sure to review the WIKI link and verify you have the general education requirements, if you do, then the rest would be all electives. Basically, Review your credits again and compare to the WIKI - You just need to apply for graduation and have them audit you for graduation.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ElBert

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 1 28 44 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 6 104 54 minutes ago
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 596 3 hours ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 312 4 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 346 10 hours ago
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 135 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 199 03-27-2024, 07:24 PM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,477 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Seeking Advice on transferring to WGU out of SNHU dlachance1977 5 138 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,853 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM