Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goal: BA or BS in CS or IT
I think your best bet would be to contact SpanTran and see what they say. They may not give you an answer without paying, but I think they should at least tell you if they'll evaluate it or not.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda
[Image: Screenshot-2022-03-31-at-17-30-08-Earned...Credly.png]Saylor exams are fun, however, two or three times I had problems with the extension. Or maybe my internet stopped for a second, and I was out of the exam.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrPanda's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
For those wondering, yes - Saylor has a cheap Customer Service course that is worth 3 credits for $5 bucks!
And no, for the CertiProf, these are just Credly badges, they have no ACE credit and there are a few freebies.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Pikachu
(03-31-2022, 05:32 PM)MrPanda Wrote: Saylor exams are fun.

That sounds loco! Just kidding. 

If you are a bueno test taker and can find some low-hanging fruta, then Saylor can be ok.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • MNomadic
(03-31-2022, 07:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

If you are a bueno test taker and can find some low-hanging fruta, then Saylor can be ok.

I have to mention that even when my internet connection could be a third-world connection at times, I usually don´t have much trouble with ProctorU at UoPeople. But in a much smaller sample in Saylor, their extension has already given me more issues (that didn´t impact the final result) than ProctorU, or that secure browser that SDC uses.

(03-31-2022, 07:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

I like your Spanish, it seems to be very good Big Grin
I´m taking edX SNHUx BUS-225x Critical Business Skills that is part of the Financial Accounting and Analysis MicroBachelors.

This MicroBachelors has 2 courses:
- Financial Accounting Fundamentals
- Critical Business Skills

and at TESU, you get this credit:

ACC-210
BUS-210

I asked for the need scholarship, so I paid USD$ 49.80 for the course (90% discount).

I´m already in Module 4 of the 10 modules of Critical Business Skills.

I have to mention that this course is not all like the edX and Coursera courses that I took for free more than 7 years ago. Usually courses were lots of videos, and have a video - test - video - test structure, with some additional readings suggested. However, in this course, it seems just like Saylor.

One module could be something like this:
- short video of 3 minutes
- 2 readings (from lumenlearning or openstax, those free book resources that Saylor also uses)
- short quiz (ungraded)
- 3 readings
- short quiz
- 2 readings
- short quiz
- short video of 3 minutes
- 1 reading
- short quiz

100% of the grade of the course, it´s in the final exam, and you have to get over 70%, like in other providers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrPanda's post:
  • MNomadic
If I have passed Saylor´s College Algebra, I wouldn´t need CSM Learn for:

TESU Business Core_Roadmap: Part J. Quantitative Skills

Is that correct? College Algebra would fill that spot?
My friend... NO. NO. NO! That's 3 NO's! But if I am guessing correctly, you're all good to go as you should have College Algebra, Statistics, and Quantitative Skills filled in already. If not, because you're on the 2021-2022 catalog year, you need all three of them. From what you mentioned in your post above - you're taking the course! Critical Business Skills is the BUS 210 you're needing for Quantitative Skills. You can skip CSM Learn if you get credit for it!

ACC-210
BUS-210
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-12-2022, 07:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My friend... NO. NO. NO!  That's 3 NO's!  But if I am guessing correctly, you're all good to go as you should have College Algebra, Statistics, and Quantitative Skills filled in already.  If not, because you're on the 2021-2022 catalog year, you need all three of them.  From what you mentioned in your post above - you're taking the course!  Critical Business Skills is the BUS 210 you're needing for Quantitative Skills.  You can skip CSM Learn if you get credit for it!

ACC-210
BUS-210

BUS-210 Quantitative Skills for Business

Thanks for saving me some time and money, I got confused and almost registered when I saw that I didn´t have anything planned for that.
I have these courses from Portugal with a C or better, that could apply to the BSBA, I think that I could get the BSBA CIS + Operations Management, I was worried about Quality Management (Actually, I wrote to CSU Pueblo today, asking if foreigners could register as NonDegree at the Independent Study way), but I had the course here:

[Image: Quality-Management.jpg]

Since all the other courses for the BSBA in Operations Management could be obtained easily and cheap from other sources, I guess there´s no need to worry anymore.

Now, I would need to know if I just take Project Management at Saylor, or if it´s worthy to take the Project Managament Certificate - Google via Coursera.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my ultimate goal is Ed.D HELP FROM THE BEGINNING izzyfizzy850 8 266 04-17-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BA CS & BSBA CIS Goal Pach 34 2,612 09-10-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Pach
Rainbow BA in Social Science. GOAL: get a degree in Technology irkas94 2 594 11-26-2022, 06:23 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Degree plan Charter Oak with goal of Georgia Tech OMSCS StudentOLife 22 5,353 07-30-2020, 11:28 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife