Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google IT Support Certificate Renewed
(03-05-2023, 01:17 PM)slaterjack Wrote: Credly responded saying that yes they did update their badges to 15cr, BUT if you already obtained the badge before renewal it will only still be worth 12cr.  You would have to retake the entire class to get the new badge worth 15cr.

That's because the 12cr course is a different course; they updated the current version with more material to cover.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Wow... I just got blessed!!! I finished on Feb 2 2023, and thought I was out of luck and missed totally out of the ACE recommendations. And now I get the ACE recommendation and its now worth 15 credits???? AWESOME!!
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG CIS AOS
Bergen Community College - AS BA
Sophia - 15 Courses, InstantCert - 7 Courses, Study.com 1 Course
Coursera -  Google Digital Marketing
Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate
Coursera - Project Management
CSMLEARN
Clep -  Spanish, CIS, Analyzing Lit
[-] The following 2 users Like splirow's post:
  • acethroughcollege, origamishuttle
The Coursera IT Support Professional certificate ACE accreditation expired earlier this year. It's now showing as renewed through 2026.

It's also now recommended for 15 credits!

Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 Introduction to Computers
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 Systems Administration
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 Introduction to Cybersecurity
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 Networking Fundamentals
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 Operating Systems

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a363c81
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyjosh's post:
  • acethroughcollege
(03-13-2023, 10:15 PM)nyjosh Wrote: The Coursera IT Support Professional certificate ACE accreditation expired earlier this year. It's now showing as renewed through 2026.

Do we know what classes these come in as at TESU?
(03-15-2023, 09:19 PM)faptaincrunch Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 10:15 PM)nyjosh Wrote: The Coursera IT Support Professional certificate ACE accreditation expired earlier this year. It's now showing as renewed through 2026.

Do we know what classes these come in as at TESU?

TESU used to give 3cr for this cert; I imagine it will still be the same.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I can (somewhat) confirm that, as of October 2023, TESU does, in fact, give all 15 credits for the Google IT Support Certificate! The specific 15 credits are CIS-1070 Computer Concepts and Applications, CYB-1200 Intro to Cybersecurity, ITS-1400 Intro to Networking, ITS-1600 Fundamentals of Modern Operating Systems, and ITS-2610 Linux. These credits are all very useful for the TESU BSIT or BS-Cybersecurity.  
The partial confirmation is because I completed the certificate through ASU ULC's pathway instead of Coursera. Immediately after completing all of the required Google content items within the ASU courses, I received the Credly badge. Notably, it was issued by "Google Career Certificates" instead of Coursera and did not have an associated ACE endorsement. However, the ACE bit was added after months of back and forth with Credly support. When I sent TESU my Credly transcript in late September, these credits eventually showed up on my transfer credit report.  
I don't know how TESU will handle the Coursera version of the badge. Because the ACE identifier is the same, I think they'd award the same equivalencies.  
Note that you do not have to transcript any of these courses at ASU in order to get the Credly badge. Only paying the $25 signup fee for each course is required, and that's waived if you join the AZNext program.
[-] The following 4 users Like jch's post:
  • Chimera, LevelUP, origamishuttle, rachel83az
Oh, nice! Interesting... That's a good deal for those wanting TESU or UMPI, even though some may not be going for the BS Cybersecurity or BSIT, these can go into the free electives for any degree and there are 30 credits at minimum for some of the TESU degrees.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-22-2023, 11:16 PM)jch Wrote: I can (somewhat) confirm that, as of October 2023, TESU does, in fact, give all 15 credits for the Google IT Support Certificate! The specific 15 credits are CIS-1070 Computer Concepts and Applications, CYB-1200 Intro to Cybersecurity, ITS-1400 Intro to Networking, ITS-1600 Fundamentals of Modern Operating Systems, and ITS-2610 Linux. These credits are all very useful for the TESU BSIT or BS-Cybersecurity.  
The partial confirmation is because I completed the certificate through ASU ULC's pathway instead of Coursera. Immediately after completing all of the required Google content items within the ASU courses, I received the Credly badge. Notably, it was issued by "Google Career Certificates" instead of Coursera and did not have an associated ACE endorsement. However, the ACE bit was added after months of back and forth with Credly support. When I sent TESU my Credly transcript in late September, these credits eventually showed up on my transfer credit report.  
I don't know how TESU will handle the Coursera version of the badge. Because the ACE identifier is the same, I think they'd award the same equivalencies.  
Note that you do not have to transcript any of these courses at ASU in order to get the Credly badge. Only paying the $25 signup fee for each course is required, and that's waived if you join the AZNext program.

The Wiki still shows that TESU only gives 3 credits. 

It would make getting the IT degree much easier if TESU gave 15 credits for the Google cert.

You could almost do the IT degree in one term if you could find something that fits the Computer Programming I requirement.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
I keep forgetting to update the wiki when I'm at the computer...
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,601 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,047 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 806 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Google has released 10 free courses to master AI LevelUP 2 1,046 08-12-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 5,999 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  New Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate LevelUP 5 1,391 06-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 949 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  Google IT Badge revoked ReyMysterioso 5 2,132 01-29-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  sophia's customer support sucks braven 6 1,269 11-27-2022, 05:59 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Information Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience LevelUP 22 4,600 11-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll