Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google IT Support Certificate Renewed
(08-03-2022, 09:20 AM)Pats20 Wrote: I don’t think it’s up to Google to keep the ACE accreditation, but I would think ACE would renew them.

A course/exam provider goes to ACE and pays a LOT of money to get ACE-recommendation.   ACE does not pursue them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Question 
Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed learning from this forum, so I'm joining in the fun!

Does anyone know if the ACE credit recommendation will be renewed after August 2022 for the Google IT Support Certificate? I'm still working on the certificate and I'm guessing I'll be done by September if I work non-stop. I'm nervous that a college won't accept my certificate if I complete it after August.

I do see on the Coursera site the following:

Earn credit towards your degree. Upon completing this certificate, you can earn college credit when you’re accepted to one of the following programs: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of London or Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences, University of North Texas.

Thank you!
  • https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pages/Course.aspx?org=Google&cid=f4125c5d-94c4-ea11-a812-000d3a378a3a&oid=3fdb1492-e04f-e911-a97b-000d3a363c81
  • https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-it-support
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
This has been talked about already, see here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...iring-soon
Actually, I'll just merge the two threads...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • vintage_jacket
(08-10-2022, 11:23 PM)vintage_jacket Wrote: Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the ACE credit recommendation will be renewed after August 2022 for the Google IT Support Certificate? I'm still working on the certificate and I'm guessing I'll be done by September if I work non-stop. I'm nervous that a college won't accept my certificate if I complete it after August.

Earn credit towards your degree. Upon completing this certificate, you can earn college credit when you’re accepted to one of the following programs: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of London or Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences, University of North Texas.

Thank you!
  • https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pages/Course.aspx?org=Google&cid=f4125c5d-94c4-ea11-a812-000d3a378a3a&oid=3fdb1492-e04f-e911-a97b-000d3a363c81

If you focus on it, chances are good that you'll be able to complete it before the end of the month. Reminder that you don't actually have to watch the videos unless you need them to learn the material. This is probably necessary for the section on binary, but may not be necessary for other sections. 

Since you can make 3 attempts on each graded quiz per 24 hours, what I would recommend would be to make an attempt on each quiz without watching the videos. If you pass, great! Move on to the next section. If you don't pass, take note of what you don't already know and then go back and watch the videos. The questions will be different when you take the quiz again, but the topic breakdowns should be similar enough that knowing what you got wrong last time (and the correct answers for those questions) should be helpful. 

Depending on prior knowledge, you may be able to "skip" entire weeks this way.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • vintage_jacket
(08-11-2022, 12:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This has been talked about already, see here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...iring-soon
Actually, I'll just merge the two threads...

Thank you! I found the thread after I posted and didn't know how move my post. Thanks for making this easier to find.

(08-11-2022, 02:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 11:23 PM)vintage_jacket Wrote: Hi everyone,

Thank you!

If you focus on it, chances are good that you'll be able to complete it before the end of the month. Reminder that you don't actually have to watch the videos unless you need them to learn the material. This is probably necessary for the section on binary, but may not be necessary for other sections. 

Since you can make 3 attempts on each graded quiz per 24 hours, what I would recommend would be to make an attempt on each quiz without watching the videos. If you pass, great! Move on to the next section. If you don't pass, take note of what you don't already know and then go back and watch the videos. The questions will be different when you take the quiz again, but the topic breakdowns should be similar enough that knowing what you got wrong last time (and the correct answers for those questions) should be helpful. 

Depending on prior knowledge, you may be able to "skip" entire weeks this way.

Oh, wow! I think you may have saved me hours. I will give it a try. Thanks! Normally I print the slides and write notes for the courses I take, but they didn't have that here. I've been handwriting notes for everything... It was getting to be too much.
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
(08-11-2022, 11:55 AM)vintage_jacket Wrote: Oh, wow! I think you may have saved me hours. I will give it a try. Thanks! Normally I print the slides and write notes for the courses I take, but they didn't have that here. I've been handwriting notes for everything... It was getting to be too much.

If it helps, you should be able to download the subtitles for each video as a TXT file. You can then use those to make your own slides/notes or whatever.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu, vintage_jacket
(08-11-2022, 02:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Since you can make 3 attempts on each graded quiz per 24 hours.

I was curious if, for example, you were doing the IT support course and used up your three attempts. Could you switch to another course and take quizzes while waiting for the 24 hours to expire for IT support?

Can you start multiple courses at the same time?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Yes, you can work on multiple certs at a time. Probably not a good idea, but it can work. Instead of doing that, I would suggest working on later quizzes/labs or a different course for the same certificate. IIRC, when I was doing the certificate, there were a couple of times where I "worked ahead" while waiting for the 24 hours to expire. It can be quite frustrating sometimes to misread something and wind up missing the quiz by just one or two questions!
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu, vintage_jacket
It appears they've extended it until January 2023

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a363c81
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
And if you wanted to check out the other Google certificate dates, they're up to 7/31/2024.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a363c81
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,502 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 948 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 768 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Google has released 10 free courses to master AI LevelUP 2 1,026 08-12-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 5,899 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  New Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate LevelUP 5 1,336 06-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Google IT Support - course question and ACE rvm 2 926 01-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: rvm
  Google IT Badge revoked ReyMysterioso 5 2,101 01-29-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  sophia's customer support sucks braven 6 1,217 11-27-2022, 05:59 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Information Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience LevelUP 22 4,527 11-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll