Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Google IT support from Coursera qualify ACE credit
I am taking it just because of the ACE credits. The course is easy for an experienced person.
Just FYI. You need to complete everything if you want to get the credit
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

This would get you into the door for WGU IT programs, I would get it for the college transferable credit...
COSC/EC might give credit for them as well. I wonder why TESU is slow with this process...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Is this doable in 7 days or you’d really have to pay to earn it?
Can someone confirm that this and google IT ACE will not contradict to TESU's requirements? I know TESU hasn't made their final decision to accept Google IT. But what do you guys thing?
(11-14-2019, 04:21 PM)Leslie2828 Wrote: Can someone confirm that this and google IT ACE will not contradict to TESU's requirements? I know TESU hasn't made their final decision to accept Google IT. But what do you guys thing?

As it stands now, you have to assume TESU won't take it (since that's what they are saying). I find it likely that if they receive it on an ACE transcript, that you would at least get Free Elective credit for it, but since neither Coursera or Google is on their Approved Provider Directory, you may well get nothing at all, as has happened with other new ACE credit.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
From looking at this further, for newbies to IT - It'll take at least a month or two to finish, Google recommends the full 6 months, and I would recommend at least a full month, the total cost is just $49/month. So, for the "slow learners", if you do the full 6 months, it'll be 6 x $49 = $294, the faster you go, the cheaper. For those who have a few months of IT experience, this course is similar to the A+, it'll just take up to a month to review your stuff and you'll be fine, again it's just $49/month.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • prof_frink
I completed the Google IT Support Professional Certificate in 6 days, working about 10 -11 solid hours a day (12-13 hours a day if you include meals, restroom breaks, and minor distractions), and playing all of the videos at 1.25 to 1.5  speed.  One the seventh day I verified my account with my ID, submitted the course to ACE, and canceled my subscription.  ACE added the course to my transcript within two days.  I plan to send my ACE transcript to TESU soon.

History:  I have done all the free cybersecurity courses, CS101 on Saylor, taken the Information Systems CLEP, and completed 4 CS/IT courses on Study.com, including Systems Administration and Operating Systems.  I have no work experience.

Setup:  These courses reminded me of Study.com with the short videos and dispersed quizzes.  The 5 courses are organized into 6 weeks each, with a graded lab/exercise and a graded quiz at the end of each week.  Each week is divided into sections by topic, and each topic section has a series of short videos, 2-15 minutes long, often followed by supplemental reading.  The readings are optional, as far as I can tell.  Participation on the forums is also optional, and I didn't even visit them. The topic sections have 'ungraded quizzes' to help you see how you are doing.  A passing grade on each quiz or lab is 80%.  The graded quizzes of each week include questions on material from previous weeks.  There is no proctored final exam. 

Course 1
Technical Support Fundamentals
- This course was pretty basic and took me one day.  A good introduction course that prepares you for the upcoming courses and teaches the basics of customer service skills.

Course 2
The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
- This course was hard for me and took over one day.  It goes into depth about the architecture of networks and how data is transmitted.

Course 3
Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
 - This course is also hard and it took one day for the first half of the course.  They teach and test you on how to use the CLI (command line interface) on both Windows and Linux, as well as how to navigate the Windows GUI and a great overview on Operations Systems in general.  For the first half of the course I had two computers up, one Windows and one Linux, and followed along with the videos, typing in the commands.  For the second half of the course I just watched.  This course is much more practical and hands-on than Operating Systems at Study.com.

Course 4
System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
- Completed in one day.  It goes more into depth in the practical aspects of System Administration than Study.com's System Administration course.

Course 5
IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts
 - Should be pretty easy if you just completed the free TEEX cybersecurity courses.  I had, so I did this course and the second half of Operating Systems on the same day.

Thoughts:  I found this certificate very interesting.  As I was going through, I downloaded each of the videos using the provided links.  I shall definitely go through and watch some of the videos again.  These courses are much more practical and teach concepts more directly related to what an IT person would actually be doing than any other course I've taken yet. 

Recommendations:  You should probably verify your account before the last day, because although my ID was approved within an hour, the page said it might take 24 hours.  Also, if you know the material, skip straight to the quizzes.  You have 3 tries every 24 hours on the quizzes and lab/activities to get 80%.
[-] The following 12 users Like ConqueringCollege's post:
  • alab21, allvia, bluebooger, dfrecore, dodek101, Life_One, prof_frink, quigongene, rachel83az, shadowgem, TwinMom, udi
(11-21-2019, 10:48 AM)ConqueringCollege Wrote: I completed the Google IT Support Professional Certificate in 6 days, working about 10 -11 solid hours a day (12-13 hours a day if you include meals, restroom breaks, and minor distractions), and playing all of the videos at 1.25 to 1.5  speed.  One the seventh day I verified my account with my ID, submitted the course to ACE, and canceled my subscription.  ACE added the course to my transcript within two days.  I plan to send my ACE transcript to TESU soon.

History:  I have done all the free cybersecurity courses, CS101 on Saylor, taken the Information Systems CLEP, and completed 4 CS/IT courses on Study.com, including Systems Administration and Operating Systems.  I have no work experience.

Setup:  These courses reminded me of Study.com with the short videos and dispersed quizzes.  The 5 courses are organized into 6 weeks each, with a graded lab/exercise and a graded quiz at the end of each week.  Each week is divided into sections by topic, and each topic section has a series of short videos, 2-15 minutes long, often followed by supplemental reading.  The readings are optional, as far as I can tell.  Participation on the forums is also optional, and I didn't even visit them. The topic sections have 'ungraded quizzes' to help you see how you are doing.  A passing grade on each quiz or lab is 80%.  The graded quizzes of each week include questions on material from previous weeks.  There is no proctored final exam. 

Course 1
Technical Support Fundamentals
- This course was pretty basic and took me one day.  A good introduction course that prepares you for the upcoming courses and teaches the basics of customer service skills.

Course 2
The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
- This course was hard for me and took over one day.  It goes into depth about the architecture of networks and how data is transmitted.

Course 3
Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
 - This course is also hard and it took one day for the first half of the course.  They teach and test you on how to use the CLI (command line interface) on both Windows and Linux, as well as how to navigate the Windows GUI and a great overview on Operations Systems in general.  For the first half of the course I had two computers up, one Windows and one Linux, and followed along with the videos, typing in the commands.  For the second half of the course I just watched.  This course is much more practical and hands-on than Operating Systems at Study.com.

Course 4
System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
- Completed in one day.  It goes more into depth in the practical aspects of System Administration than Study.com's System Administration course.

Course 5
IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts
 - Should be pretty easy if you just completed the free TEEX cybersecurity courses.  I had, so I did this course and the second half of Operating Systems on the same day.

Thoughts:  I found this certificate very interesting.  As I was going through, I downloaded each of the videos using the provided links.  I shall definitely go through and watch some of the videos again.  These courses are much more practical and teach concepts more directly related to what an IT person would actually be doing than any other course I've taken yet. 

Recommendations:  You should probably verify your account before the last day, because although my ID was approved within an hour, the page said it might take 24 hours.  Also, if you know the material, skip straight to the quizzes.  You have 3 tries every 24 hours on the quizzes and lab/activities to get 80%.

Thank you for the in depth review! Very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
The Google IT Support Professional certificate came in to TESU as CMP-202 Foundations of Information Technology.

I emailed them about it, and was informed that:

"... the Dean of Heavin School here at Thomas Edison State University has only approved that courses to be awarded 3 credits and not the 12 credits listed.   If you have any additional questions about that decision you will have to contact the Deans Office directly. "
[-] The following 2 users Like ConqueringCollege's post:
  • bluebooger, harrypotter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 224 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,018 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Coursera Certs Offline natshar 4 294 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 622 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  Coursera & Edx - Peer Reviewed Assignments bjcheung77 7 936 01-09-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: gulshan212
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 440 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,320 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn