Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Project Management: Professional Certificate
Google Project Management: Professional Certificate

Are these courses challenging?

About how long would it take someone on average to complete this certificate?

Do these 6 classes count as 18 credits that can be transferred to other colleges?

THANK YOU!!!!
Are they challenging? Some people might think they are, but the Google certs are supposed to be "entry level". IIRC, the Project Management cert requires a few peer-graded projects that need to be completed in order to get a grade. For some students, this will take a long time. For others, not as much time.

In general, you can probably complete the certificate in 1-2 months. But this depends on how quickly you can complete the projects.

The Google PM certificate has been ACE-recommended for 9 credits, not 18. So far, this recommendation seems to be holding: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera But some schools might only give 3 or 6 credits, as TESU does with the IT Professional certificate - even though the IT cert is ACE-recommended for 12 credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-06-2022, 02:39 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Are they challenging? Some people might think they are, but the Google certs are supposed to be "entry level". IIRC, the Project Management cert requires a few  peer-graded projects that need to be completed in order to get a grade. For some students, this will take a long time. For others, not as much time.

In general, you can probably complete the certificate in 1-2 months. But this depends on how quickly you can complete the projects.

The Google PM certificate has been ACE-recommended for 9 credits, not 18. So far, this recommendation seems to be holding: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera But some schools might only give 3 or 6 credits, as TESU does with the IT Professional certificate - even though the IT cert is ACE-recommended for 12 credits.

Really great info!
i appreciate it!!!

What is the cost?
Google certificates should be $39/mo., unless that price has changed recently.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • midnite123
If you're going the Coursera/TADA option as per the link above, it's FREE for 6 months. I would go for the credits the best you can with this option first, after that, if you want to continue with other offerings that you haven't finished yet, then either pay the Coursera Plus subscription or a monthly subscription. You basically want to get the cert, experience, knowledge from these for an affordable price point...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-06-2022, 11:14 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you're going the Coursera/TADA option as per the link above, it's FREE for 6 months.  I would go for the credits the best you can with this option first, after that, if you want to continue with other offerings that you haven't finished yet, then either pay the Coursera Plus subscription or a monthly subscription.  You basically want to get the cert, experience, knowledge from these for an affordable price point...

So I switched to TADA but only got two months. I guess because I paid $59 for Sept I was punished :-(
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,417 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  UK - Professional certificate - 69£ Imbanewbie 2 508 12-04-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Johann
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 586 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google IT Support vs IBM IT Support ss20ts 0 1,079 06-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate - ACE expiring soon? lumina 12 1,534 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
  edx - Ec Council- Professional Certificate in Cybersecurity Essentials Imbanewbie 5 1,124 02-24-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 476 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,037 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google IT support from Coursera qualify ACE credit Imbanewbie 74 19,167 01-30-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Tammy Sellers
  BrightBytes acquired by Google! bjcheung77 0 585 10-15-2022, 07:28 PM