Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grad Schools That Accept NA Credit
bjcheung77: Outside of them being NA (which makes it difficult enough as it is to transfer), what makes them more difficult than other NAs to transfer?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
It appears UoPeople MBA's courses are pretty specific for getting a MBA through strictly UoPeople only.
So I think bjcheung77 is implying that if you hypothetically took a few UoPeople courses and were able to find a Non-Profit RA institution that would take NA credits (which doesn't exist), that the courses would likely not be similar-enough to that school's courses.

Overall, the discussion is moot for the following reasons:

1) The OP may have been told false information because even For-Profit RA colleges do not take NA courses "right off the bat". Not even University of Phoenix accepts NA credits for transfer. In fact, the only two schools (that are essentially the same school) that accept NA credits for transfer are AMU and APUS. (From their website: "APUS defines Traditional Transfer Credit as: Academic - earned through an accredited institution of higher learning with Regional and/or National Accreditation.")

2) No Non-profit RA schools will accept NA credits for transfer.

3) Most RA schools, including for-profits, will not accept ANY credits for transfer for their graduate programs. They are very few and far between.

4) UoPeople doesn't admit everybody. It wants you to take the courses with them so you can FINISH with them. They probably wouldn't let you in the program if you knew you were trying to just do a few classes with them and run to another school.

I think the BEST possible alternative has already been suggested:

1) Review APUS's MBA courses.
2) Review UoPeople's MBA courses.
3) Compare the two and see if any of those UoPeople courses could possibly transfer.
4) Contact APUS and ask if UoPeople's MBA courses could transfer for the APUS MBA.
5) If APUS says yes, then try to get into UoPeople, take the courses, and then transfer 'em to APUS - and then finish with them.

I think that's the ONLY way to work it, if it can even be done.
I know APUS is for-profit but they have a good reputation and they're pretty reasonably priced - and their MBA is ACBSP-accredited (not as good as AACSB, but hey, it's better than nothing - some schools' MBA have none besides the RA).

Otherwise, I personally don't see another option - and the aforementioned one above is a longshot as it is.

If you can get into UoPeople, you might as well see if a NA MBA will satisfy what you want to do with it. At $200/course, I wouldn't WANT to transfer anywhere else if it didn't matter if it was NA or RA. Smile

Good luck!
kevinmane Wrote:2) No Non-profit RA schools will accept NA credits for transfer.

I agree with your overall point, and your advice is solid. Just wanted to point out here that WGU is a non-profit and they accept NA credit for their undergrad programs. This is moot for this discussion, since they don't accept any transfer (RA or otherwise) for their graduate programs, but some non-profits will accept NA in some capacity. Even Excelsior will let you petition for some NA credit. It's ultra rare, and I'm definitely not an NA apologist. But WGU and Excelsior are likely not the only places to do this (but good luck tracking them down -- even WGU doesn't openly advertise this).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'd email APUS since UotP is not in their transfer database. Although real easy and flexible to work with, it would be prudent to double check before enrolling.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Liberty University is non-profit and accepts NA credits in transfer. Liberty will accept up to 15 credits in transfer for its MBA, so it is incorrect to say that no non-profit, RA school will accept NA credits. However, like someone else said, it would be cheaper to complete a whole MBA at a cheaper school.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
UNR UNLV and NSC will accept NA credits and are non profit
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
sanantone Wrote:Liberty University is non-profit and accepts NA credits in transfer. Liberty will accept up to 15 credits in transfer for its MBA, so it is incorrect to say that no non-profit, RA school will accept NA credits. However, like someone else said, it would be cheaper to complete a whole MBA at a cheaper school.

Forgot about Liberty! Good call!
You're right though.
Liberty University is $465 per credit and their MBA is 36 credits.

Even if you took 15 UoTP credits for $1,000 (5 3-credit courses @ $200/course), the remaining 21 credits you take at Liberty would be over $10Gs (including books and registration, etc).
So the overall cost of the degree would be over $11k.

WGU and Patten would be a lot less if you finished in a year.
Amberton would be $9k if you took all 12 courses through them.
Not to mention a bunch of other schools where you could get a Non-Profit RA MBA from start to finish for less than $10Gs.

So unless there's some non profit RA school that 1) accepts ANY graduate transfer to begin with, 2) accepts NA credits, and 3) is cheaper than all other schools previously mentioned - I think the best bet is to just
1) Get a NA MBA from UoTP
or 2) just go to a cheaper RA Non Profit school to begin with.
kevinmane Wrote:Forgot about Liberty! Good call!
You're right though.
Liberty University is $465 per credit and their MBA is 36 credits.

Even if you took 15 UoTP credits for $1,000 (5 3-credit courses @ $200/course), the remaining 21 credits you take at Liberty would be over $10Gs (including books and registration, etc).
So the overall cost of the degree would be over $11k.

WGU and Patten would be a lot less if you finished in a year.
Amberton would be $9k if you took all 12 courses through them.
Not to mention a bunch of other schools where you could get a Non-Profit RA MBA from start to finish for less than $10Gs.

So unless there's some non profit RA school that 1) accepts ANY graduate transfer to begin with, 2) accepts NA credits, and 3) is cheaper than all other schools previously mentioned - I think the best bet is to just
1) Get a NA MBA from UoTP
or 2) just go to a cheaper RA Non Profit school to begin with.

OP has received that advice a few times already, but maybe the third time is a charm lol?
Very interesting to find out what sanantone posted about Liberty. The calculus is different for active duty military or veterans.
Yenisei Wrote:Very interesting to find out what sanantone posted about Liberty. The calculus is different for active duty military or veterans.

There's also a smaller discount for public safety employees and volunteers.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 166 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,809 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Does WES USA accept MBA from UCAM? soulblader 14 627 03-30-2024, 12:22 PM
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 5,355 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 640 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,757 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 673 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,635 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  Universities that accept ects from titulo propio Sdmj33 25 7,009 01-11-2024, 01:01 AM
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,456 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute