Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate Certificate Through TA
Prloko Wrote:In the Air Force, we're entitled to one lifetime certification/certificate. Our Superintendant one time during a briefing had explained how he was able to us the certification TA for Villanova University's Master Certificate in Contract Management. He spoke to the staff at Villanova and convinced them to bill it as one lump certificate rather than individual classes. Doing that, he got AF TA to sign off and pay for it. I don't know if you can do the same in the Navy, but worth looking into.

Now that is fascinating. So paid all at once in advance? What happens if he had failed a class?
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
dcan Wrote:Now that is fascinating. So paid all at once in advance? What happens if he had failed a class?

Good question. He was really bright, so I doubt he failed a course, but boy that would've been a big default! Probably a great question to ask the school before you commit definately.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One-time $4500 allowance for a certificate? Any recommendations? (TA-related) OfficerA 3 1,149 03-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Last Post: OfficerA
  Gi bill certificate of eligibility superpotsky 2 1,033 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Last Post: dposborne
  military graduate question ffdpsoldier 8 1,794 01-31-2013, 02:21 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Graduate Student Services fee waived! Professor_Adam 0 1,442 01-14-2009, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Professor_Adam