Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate Certificates
Looking at Micromaster's options, I'm not sure of your *specific* interests, but here are a couple you might be interested in:

Algorithms and Data Structures- University of California San Diego, $1080
Note: Learners who successfully earn the Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters Credential are eligible to apply for admission to the School of Individualized Study (SOIS) Master of Science in Professional Studies at Rochester Institute of Technology.
If a learner applies for admission to the SOIS Master of Science in Professional Studies program at Rochester Institute of Technology, and is accepted, the MicroMasters Credential will count towards 25% of the coursework required by this program.
https://www.edx.org/micromasters/ucsandi...structures

Statistics and Data Science- MIT, $1350
Learners who successfully complete this MITx MicroMasters credential have the opportunity to apply to the MIT Doctoral Program in Social and Engineering Systems (SES) offered through the MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS). Learners can use their MicroMasters credential to demonstrate their preparation in Statistics and Data Science fundamentals to the SES Admissions Committee. Learners admitted to SES can expect that their MITx MicroMasters coursework will be recognized with credit for corresponding SES core classes, and for satisfying the SES Information, Systems, and Decision Science requirements. More information on the MIT SES Doctoral Program can be found here.
In addition, learners who successfully earn the MITx MicroMasters credential in Statistics and Data Science are now eligible to earn credit at a number of universities across the globe to fast track their pursuit of a full Master’s degree. Below is a list of these universities and information on the amount of credit offered.
(they have agreements with many schools that take this credential for credit)
https://www.edx.org/micromasters/mitx-st...ta-science

Many more: https://www.edx.org/micromasters
(07-13-2018, 04:29 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Most graduate certificates are 12 credits. However, Liberty has just about every graduate certificate at 9 credits with tuition at $550 a credit.

You can complete the certificate in 8 weeks.

I will look into Liberty. Price is not so bad for 9 credits. Smile
(02-11-2021, 12:22 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 04:29 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Most graduate certificates are 12 credits. However, Liberty has just about every graduate certificate at 9 credits with tuition at $550 a credit.

You can complete the certificate in 8 weeks.

I will look into Liberty. Price is not so bad for 9 credits. Smile

edX MicroMasters programs are something to look into.  I finished one in Business Management (Tecnológico 
de Monterrey, $800).  Some of the programs count 25-50% of a master's degree if you enroll in the college/university after completion.    
However, I just finished a Master of Science in Psychology, and I'm glad I finally took the plunge (instead of sticking with the micro-credentials).  
*Sorry for responding to/bumping an old thread*
MS in Psychology - Walden University (4.0 GPA)
MicroMasters® in Business Administration and Management (GradCert) - Tecnologico de Monterrey (also known as Monterrey Institute of Technology)
B.S.L.A. (Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts)/depths in psychology and sociology - Excelsior College (123 hrs.)
A.A.S. in Maintenance Production Management - Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) 
A.A. in Computer Information Systems (CIS) - Arkansas State University-Newport
A.A. in Liberal Arts - Arkansas State University-Newport

edX (MOOCs):

Omens, Oracles, and Prophecies - HarvardX (93%)
Virus 101x - Tel Aviv University (TAU) (87%)

Coursera (MOOCs):

The Johns Hopkins University (93.50%)
COVID-19 Contact Tracing 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,812 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,892 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,038 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,035 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,679 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,782 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 680 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,654 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,450 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
  Using Pell Grant for Graduate Courses while Undergrad SophiaPrincess 2 487 10-19-2023, 02:57 PM