Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate Certificates
I am looking for a graduate certificate from an accredited college to diversify my background. Do you know of any quick, inexpensive options? I am open to any subject, must be online, and under 1 year to complete. Ideally under $3,000usd and 3 classes (or less).
Most graduate certificates are 12 credits. However, Liberty has just about every graduate certificate at 9 credits with tuition at $550 a credit.

You can complete the certificate in 8 weeks.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
You shouldn't get a grad certificate just to "diversify" your background. What is your BA in, and what do you want to show that you're learning for whatever opportunities you're looking at?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • High_Order1
(07-13-2018, 10:30 AM)Motivated2move Wrote: I am looking for a graduate certificate from an accredited college to diversify my background.  Do you know of any quick, inexpensive options?  I am open to any subject,  must be online,  and under 1 year to complete.  Ideally under $3,000usd and 3 classes (or less).

I'll second dfrecore on this. A graduate cert isn't always the best way to diversify your background. If you tell us your goals, which BA you got, and what field you want to get into, we could provide a more thorough answer.
(07-13-2018, 10:30 AM)Motivated2move Wrote: I am looking for a graduate certificate from an accredited college to diversify my background. Do you know of any quick, inexpensive options? I am open to any subject, must be online, and under 1 year to complete. Ideally under $3,000usd and 3 classes (or less).

Would this be instead of eventually pursuing a masters? I ask because many master's certificates aren't *that much* shorter than a degree - and if you get rolling, it would be nice to have the option to finish the degree. So, if you're starting from scratch, it might be nice to pick a certificate that fits inside of a full degree at the same school. This isn't uncommon, but there are a lot that DON'T do this, so you may want to think about it.

Also, if you don't *need* a masters, as in ever, why not get a Micromasters from edx? You can drop without a paper trail if you need to, and you'd be all in around $1000. Some, not all, will also allow you to roll the micromasters into an actual master's degree - which is always good for keeping your options open.

PS Grad work in ANY subject? That sends a funky message to me. Build your resume by making yourself more diverse for sure, but do so in a way that shows you have a plan and purpose for the time and money you're about to spend (because potential employers will wonder how well you'll use their time and money otherwise)
Yes, you are all right, I do have a path in mind that complements my current situation. Ideally I would like to look at data or tech. I was favoring the data analytics cert at TESU but then it disappeared from their website. Computer science would really help but I would need guidance on where to start.
(07-15-2018, 05:09 PM)Motivated2move Wrote: Yes, you are all right, I do have a path in mind that complements my current situation.  Ideally I would like to look at data or tech.  I was favoring the data analytics cert at TESU but then it disappeared from their website.  Computer science would really help but I would need guidance on where to start.

The TESU Data Analytics grad cert is no longer available.

If you have $3,000 to spend, I would suggest the WGU MS in Data Analytics.  If you could finish in a 6-mo term, it would cost $3,785.  Granted, it may be difficult to complete in 6 months, in which case I would suggest learning as much of the material as you could prior to starting, via MOOC or some other free/inexpensive methods.  That way, when you start, you're already familiar with the material, and can get through all 10 courses in 6 months (that would be approx 2.6 weeks per course, which is doable if you're not learning it from scratch).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Motivated2move
If you're looking for a Data Analytics certificate, you can go for the Udacity Nanodegree in Data Analytics. It is one of a few options to get admissions into WGU's Masters in Data Analytics program and will get your "brain wrapped around the topic". Of course, you need a Bachelors that's either NA or RA as a prerequisite.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis.Yim's post:
  • Motivated2move
I just looked up the Udacity nano degree in Data Analytics and it seems like the logical next step. Thank you for the suggestions!
(07-15-2018, 08:58 PM)Motivated2move Wrote: I just looked up the Udacity nano degree in Data Analytics and it seems like the logical next step.  Thank you for the suggestions!

Actually, it looks like you need the Programming for Data Science Nanodegree first, before you can take the Data Analyst Nanodegree (if you're not already familiar with Python and SQL).

But both of those actually sound interesting (to me), I may check them out myself!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,022 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 873 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,167 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,465 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,610 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 646 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,538 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,355 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
  Using Pell Grant for Graduate Courses while Undergrad SophiaPrincess 2 460 10-19-2023, 02:57 PM