Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate Credit for Coaches
I just came across a South Dakota program that offers graduate credit for classes in coaching.  The credits are as low as $45 per graduate credit hour.

http://www.sdhsaa.com/Athletics/CoachesE...redit.aspx

http://www.sdhsaa.com/Portals/0/PDFs/Mee...tHours.pdf

https://nfhslearn.com/courses

Note: The $45 fee is for credit transcription.  Some of the actual courses are free and some have a pretty reasonable cost.

http://reach.usiouxfalls.edu/modules/sho...seCatalogs
[-] The following 4 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • BAin2012, cookderosa, Ideas, Life Long Learning
A great find,thank you.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
You maybe able use these courses toward Liberty University's MA in Interdisciplinary Studies. They allow up to 15 credit hours transferred in.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
(02-16-2018, 10:35 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: You maybe able use these courses toward Liberty University's MA in Interdisciplinary Studies. They allow up to 15 credit hours transferred in.

Or Amberton's MA Professional Development. Amberton is cheaper, but Interdisciplinary sounds better.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Is there a limit to how many credits they will issue?
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
I completed 15 hours in one day, and have applied for one graduate level credit. I paid University of Sioux Falls $45 for the one credit. The maximum you can get at this time is five graduate-level credits. USF gives you an EDU prefix on these courses and they seem to be very responsive. I did skip through all of the videos using my iPhone, (laptop won't work) and went straight to the 11 question quiz, I scored anywhere from 66% to 100% and was issued a certificate with those scores. So now I wait and see if those scores will work for the one credit, if yes, then I will go back and finish two more credits. Five wont do me any good unless I can find a one-credit course elsewhere.

Cheers!
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
•Fundamentals of Coaching                                   
•First Aid, Health and Safety for Coaches
•Teaching Sports Skills                                         

The United States Sports Academy

Spring 2018: 
SPT 595 Spt Clinic: Coaching                                                            A+       1.00            $180
SPT 595 Spt Clinic: Spt Skill                                                              A         0.50            $140
SPT 595 Spt Clinic: First Aid,                                                A        0.50         $140
*short paper due for Graduate credits.  No paper for undergrad.

Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

That's another option if you don't go through the University if Sioux Falls and a great find.

(02-24-2018, 12:50 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
•Fundamentals of Coaching                                   
•First Aid, Health and Safety for Coaches
•Teaching Sports Skills                                         

The United States Sports Academy

Spring 2018: 
SPT 595 Spt Clinic: Coaching                                                            A+       1.00            $180
SPT 595 Spt Clinic: Spt Skill                                                              A         0.50            $140
SPT 595 Spt Clinic: First Aid,                                                A        0.50         $140
*short paper due for Graduate credits.  No paper for undergrad.

MA in progress
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I decided to give this a try since I'm coaching a bit this spring I thought some of the info might be helpful. (First Aid, Concussions, Heat Illness, Dealing with Parents, etc.)

I did the 15 hours of general coaching info, paid the $45, and emailed them to let them know it was complete. They applied the 15 hours of NFHS time to my 1 credit within 24 hours.

I'm working on the other 15 hours of general coaching info for 1 credit along with the 1 credit for the specific Fundamentals of Coaching and First Aid.

3 credits for $205 seems decent for stuff I could use anyway.

One item I noticed is the Fundamentals of Coaching and First Aid are priced differently depending on what state you claim to be located (and are getting certified for). They want $35 for each if you claim South Dakota. But for NJ they wanted $50 for First Aid and $100 for Fundamentals of Coaching, I just used South Dakota since it was cheaper.
University of Sioux Falls.
1101 West 22nd Street   Sioux Falls, SD 57105
(800) 888-1047

EDU545Z.8    NFHS Learn CE II                                                     1 (SH)
EDU546Z.8    NFHS Learn CE I                                                       1 (SH)
EDU548Z.11  NFHS Coaches Education Courses                            1 (SH)
Coaches now have the opportunity to earn college credit for the NFHS Learning Center Education courses. For every 15 clock hours approved by NFHS, the University of Sioux Falls will grant participants one hour of graduate credit, $45.00 each 1 SH.
NFHSLearn.com

$135.00 Total Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,205 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 893 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 550 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,190 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,475 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,615 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,543 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,355 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM