Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduate-Level PLAs Through LearningCounts
As of July 2017, LearningCounts has started offering its college customers graduate-level portfolio assessment. 

http://www.cael.org/alert-blog/introduci...assessment

LearningCounts/CAEL has removed from its main website all mentions of their Do-It-Yourself and instructor-led PLA courses. Their directions tell people to enroll in one of their partner colleges first. The problem with that is that the partner colleges will make you pay for their expensive introductory PLA courses. We all know that TESU has PLA 100 and 200. Excelsior requires that you take CCS 202 which is three credit hours. In order to find options that allow students to enroll in LearningCounts directly, I had to do a Google search. I found a LearningCounts website for their SREB partnership. Just to let everyone know, from what I was told by admissions, Excelsior will require you to take CCS 202 if you're already a student who wants to attempt credits by PLA. So, I advise any future Excelsior student to complete their PLAs before enrolling if you don't want to pay $1530 for CCS 202. 

https://learningcounts.org/sreb/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • Joeman200, Life Long Learning
Quote:LearningCounts Courses
Our Do-It-Yourself course costs $149, doesn’t have an instructor, and can be completed at your own pace. This does not include any portfolio assessments. All portfolios must be purchased separately ($125 each) after completion of the course.

Our Instructor-Led course costs $895 and is completed in six weeks. Your passing grade in the course is worth 3 college credits, and the portfolio you complete during the class could also be worth 3 credits. That means you can earn up to 6 college credits for $895.

Quote:We are proud to offer discounted tuition rate to military members. Military member tuition is $700 for the Instructor-Led course and $129 for the Do-It-Yourself course.

(09-18-2017, 09:47 PM)Ideas Wrote:
Quote:LearningCounts Courses
Our Do-It-Yourself course costs $149, doesn’t have an instructor, and can be completed at your own pace. This does not include any portfolio assessments. All portfolios must be purchased separately ($125 each) after completion of the course.

Our Instructor-Led course costs $895 and is completed in six weeks. Your passing grade in the course is worth 3 college credits, and the portfolio you complete during the class could also be worth 3 credits. That means you can earn up to 6 college credits for $895.

Quote:We are proud to offer discounted tuition rate to military members. Military member tuition is $700 for the Instructor-Led course and $129 for the Do-It-Yourself course.

Yes, that's what I found on their SREB website. That's not on their main website. I just wonder why you have to dig for some obscure partnership website in order to register for LearningCounts directly.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Here's a response I got when I inquired with LC last week:

"
[would I need to use your PLA course if I have already completed one somewhere else?]
You would still need to complete at least our Do-It-Yourself paced portfolio development course to submit learning portfolios to LearningCounts. The course teaches students to build portfolios according to what our LearningCounts assessors are looking for, necessary supporting documentation, and the rubric our assessors use, so it is important that students learn the process individual to LearningCounts.

[asked about the SERB site]
LearningCounts has different partnerships with specific colleges and universities, but there are also whole states that are making efforts to encourage adult and non-traditional students to complete their degree, that also partner with our parent company the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning and Learning Counts. That may be what you are seeing on the SREB website. Offerings through the state are usually grant based and so they are usually temporary, so make sure you are looking for dates on that website.

[how are they accredited/transcripts]
Credit recommended from LearningCounts comes from the National College Credit Recommendation Service. For students enrolled at our Featured Network Institutions that offer our course directly through their course catalog, the credit recommendation is automatically sent to the college. For those students enrolled at non-Featured Network institutions they would need to order an official transcript to be sent over to the college. While we don’t require students be enrolled with a college or university first, with portfolio development students match their knowledge gained through experience to specific courses that fit into the student’s degree plan. Students need to have access to course syllabi and learning outcomes so the process works best when a student is already enrolled in school.
"
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
Do you know if it's $125 for a 3-credit portfolio, or $125/credit? Do you know if undergrad is cheaper?

I believe it is per 3-credit portfolio:

"All portfolios must be purchased separately ($125 each) after completion of the course."
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,775 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 529 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 244 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 678 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ‘We did it together’: New York mother and daughter graduate college on same day LevelUP 0 198 12-22-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 479 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 952 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 603 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  Level 5 from UK, what have been your experiences? elcastor21 3 475 09-19-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77