Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduation Question
Hello!

Apologies for the second post today, just had a question about the graduation.

I saw on the TESU website that if a course is enrolled in September, October, or November, then you would be eligible for graduation in March.

I was ideally hoping to finish the rest of my requirements (given I’ll likely take 16 SH through TESU) and graduate in December.

I was looking to enrol in October, and finish in December, and apply for December grad, but it seems that’s not possible.

What are some ways I can graduate in December, I guess one is by paying the residency waiver fee which is pricy but an option.

Another one may be doing the courses through e-packs?

Or maybe I can call TESU and simply tell them about my situation if anyone has done that.

Just curious on the best/cheapest course of action at this point, thanks!
What you want from TESU is not possible. You'd have to enroll earlier in order to finish the capstone/cornerstone in time. If you want to graduate "now" then you might want to look into UMPI instead. It'd be too late to apply for this upcoming session but you could spend the next 2 months taking classes at Sophia & InstantCert to fill out the GEC (general education) requirements. I think your LL electives for a BALS there would already be covered. Then, you'd just need to complete 10-15 classes (30-45 credits) at UMPI. This would be cheaper and arguably faster than TESU. But most of UMPI's assessments are in essay/paper form so it might not be easier.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Flelm
Agreed, the TESU graduation calendar is a very fixed requirement schedule.  https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Unfortunately, changing to UMPI wouldn't help much as you'll still need to "Top Up" credits to 90 (or close to that number), then you'll have to take a minimum of two terms at UMPI. You'll be past that December deadline of yours... At this point in time, I would just recommend working the Lower Level credits with what I mentioned on the previous thread of yours, then work the Upper Level credits. Changing to UMPI might be cheaper, but it will require at least 6 months, and for some, it may not be easier depending on their personal commitments and writing capabilities...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-20-2021, 02:20 AM)rachel83az Wrote: What you want from TESU is not possible. You'd have to enroll earlier in order to finish the capstone/cornerstone in time. If you want to graduate "now" then you might want to look into UMPI instead. It'd be too late to apply for this upcoming session but you could spend the next 2 months taking classes at Sophia & InstantCert to fill out the GEC (general education) requirements. I think your LL electives for a BALS there would already be covered. Then, you'd just need to complete 10-15 classes (30-45 credits) at UMPI. This would be cheaper and arguably faster than TESU. But most of UMPI's assessments are in essay/paper form so it might not be easier.

Unless someone is starting the Fall 1 term in August, they won't be able to graduate in December. You need at least 2 terms at UMPI because every course isn't offered every term. There's only Fall 1 and Fall 2 terms before December graduation. However, they do confer degrees at the end of every term. You don't have to wait for the end of the semester or May for Commencement.
(08-20-2021, 09:10 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Unless someone is starting the Fall 1 term in August, they won't be able to graduate in December. You need at least 2 terms at UMPI because every course isn't offered every term. There's only Fall 1 and Fall 2 terms before December graduation. However, they do confer degrees at the end of every term. You don't have to wait for the end of the semester or May for Commencement.

True. It's still faster than TESU, though, where you only have 3 graduation dates per year. UMPI at least has 6 graduation dates where they confer degrees.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-21-2021, 12:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: True. It's still faster than TESU, though, where you only have 3 graduation dates per year. UMPI at least has 6 graduation dates where they confer degrees.

typo in that.  TESU has 4 graduation dates per year. March, June, September, December.

I remember after finishing my final course during March and being eligible for June graduation, tesu sent me confirmation a letter saying everything was completed and just waiting for graduation date to show on transcript.  I don't recall the exact wording. Sometimes employers or some grad schools will take that kind of information as proof you are graduating and have completed all requirements but just waiting for the official date.  That might make it a non issue from December to March.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(08-19-2021, 11:14 PM)omarbeila Wrote: Hello!

Apologies for the second post today, just had a question about the graduation.

I saw on the TESU website that if a course is enrolled in September, October, or November, then you would be eligible for graduation in March.

I was ideally hoping to finish the rest of my requirements (given I’ll likely take 16 SH through TESU) and graduate in December.

I was looking to enrol in October, and finish in December, and apply for December grad, but it seems that’s not possible.

What are some ways I can graduate in December, I guess one is by paying the residency waiver fee which is pricy but an option.

Another one may be doing the courses through e-packs?

Or maybe I can call TESU and simply tell them about my situation if anyone has done that.

Just curious on the best/cheapest course of action at this point, thanks!

Paying the residency waiver does not in any way change what date you can graduate. e-Packs might influence graduation date if you finished them all early.

The only way to graduate is to have the right 120cr in the right places, and have that all by November 1st.  Since you're not going to be done with your capstone by 11/1, you cannot graduate in December.
 - September term ends Nov 21
 - October term ends Dec 26

What happens is that you apply for December graduation by October 1, then sometime around November 1 (as late as Nov 15) they audit your degree, and they will see that you don't have enough credits. They will shoot you an email saying you missed the December graduation, but will push it to March graduation.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,224 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 533 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 766 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,438 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When to apply for graduation? Kones 1 245 01-06-2024, 02:13 PM
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,202 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How to enroll after graduation? No INTERNSHIP!! mt_1994 9 727 10-19-2023, 01:21 PM
  Question about passing grades Randyb100 9 826 10-16-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  CMP-354 Essay question examples. CanICode 2 577 07-18-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Question about my Academic Evaluation AnalysisParalysis 19 2,208 07-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Yolan