Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeshiva University?
Hi all..along with the MBA possibilities I'm looking at a more focused MS in Real Estate program at Yeshiva University. I know they have a pretty prestigious law school and US News ranks them overall having them at 76th in the nation. At about $48k for 24 months, the program is more expensive than I was anticipating but I told myself that a solid RE-focused Master's from a prestigious school may be worth it, especially if some financial aid can be arranged to defray some of that tuition.

They are currently waiving GMAT/GRE and the $50 application fee so no harm in applying but does anyone have experience or knowledge of this school that I can run with?
I am curious what one does with a MS in Real Estate?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(04-06-2021, 08:27 AM)Vle045 Wrote: I am curious what one does with a MS in Real Estate?

Maybe you become a bigshot at Berkshire Hathaway?
(04-06-2021, 08:27 AM)Vle045 Wrote: I am curious what one does with a MS in Real Estate?

It's not generally used for real estate agents, but usually more for working at large corporations/foundations/hospital systems with a lot of property holdings and fluctuating needs.

I own a commercial real estate finance company as well as a CRE investment company where we buy big buildings. I'm a partner but am COO, asset manager and investor relations so very applicable in this field and my company roles.
Yeshiva University has an amazing reputation and a really good name in the education field especially in New York and New Jersey. They are very expensive private not for profit school but they do have the connections as most of the Jewish community send their children there. I had one friend complete an MSW from there and they loved the school just keep in mind there are cheaper options if you look like CUNY Baruch College has a MS in real estate and Baruch College is one of the nations top 25 business schools.  https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/academic...al-estate/

You can also do the MBA program and use your electives as Real Estate courses
https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/academic...urriculum/
I think it'll be worth it if you can get work to fork out a significant amount into that degree, especially if it's known to your state or industry/vertical. And since they're waiving the application fee, I guess there isn't really anything to lose... are there any other comparable degrees online that are similar that interest you? Have you narrowed your search down to 3 or 4 favorites?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-07-2021, 08:58 AM)newdegree Wrote: Yeshiva University has an amazing reputation and a really good name in the education field especially in New York and New Jersey. They are very expensive private not for profit school but they do have the connections as most of the Jewish community send their children there. I had one friend complete an MSW from there and they loved the school just keep in mind there are

cheaper options if you look like CUNY Baruch College has a MS in real estate and Baruch College is one of the nations top 25 business schools.  https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/academic...al-estate/

This is great I'll check it out thank you.

Quote:I think it'll be worth it if you can get work to fork out a significant amount into that degree, especially if it's known to your state or industry/vertical. And since they're waiving the application fee, I guess there isn't really anything to lose... are there any other comparable degrees online that are similar that interest you? Have you narrowed your search down to 3 or 4 favorites?

So for me I'm seriously considering:
-- Yeshiva MSRE
-- Univ Maryland MBRE (combo BA and Real Estate Development) -- Development isn't really in my wheelhouse but my investors are chasing so much yield right now, the risk/return of developing properties is becoming more acceptable
-- Pepperdine MSRE
-- Univ Ill Gies iMBA (Coursera option) - Entrepreneurship and Strategic Innovation focus
-- WGU MBA Finance focus

It's a pretty short list right now but I'm still investigating. I feel the SDC/Sophia way of getting the bachelor's was great but learning-wise there are definitely shortcomings so I want to make sure my graduate work will be knowledge and learning that will tend to stick.
Quote:cheaper options if you look like CUNY Baruch College has a MS in real estate and Baruch College is one of the nations top 25 business schools.  https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/academic...al-estate/

Followup on this...I spoke to the CUNY Baruch counselor and as we emerge from the pandemic all of their graduate courses will return to a combo online/in-person format, which won't work for my situation since I'm looking for 100% online with schools outside of my city.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 253 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,082 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 283 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,461 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 550 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,980 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,364 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,318 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,303 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy