Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Resignation - Better Balance of Life & Work?
So, I was skimming through this article on MSN, there are a few people who are interviewed and have responses. I agree with a few of them, overworked, underpaid, not appreciated or no promotions, etc... that is why I have gone into consulting/contracting and working from home, but not everyone is able to work from home. I would advise to find an interest in something and get the ball rolling before throwing in the towel...  Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellnes...ar-AASde9y
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
#1 was working in a toxic environment - because she chose that toxic field (media). Easy enough to just get out of there and do anything else.
#2 was overworked. She took a job working less hours.
#3 chose a field difficult to get into, knowing she would have to move even though she didn't want to do that - then got pregnant and realized her job was going to be difficult, and quit. Not sure what she was thinking either time, she's not good at planning.
#4 just had a job where she wasn't recognized, and found a different job where she was happier.

I'm not really getting what this article was about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • uncapentin
There's an old quote by Mark Twain, "Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

In order to do that, you need to find a balance between your skills, the marketplace, and your passions.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • ss20ts, uncapentin
Record numbers of people continue to quit their jobs.  A small collection of reasons are cited
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/202...083256002/
Here's another one! https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersa...d=msedgntp
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-29-2021, 05:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: #1 was working in a toxic environment - because she chose that toxic field (media).  Easy enough to just get out of there and do anything else.
#2 was overworked.  She took a job working less hours.
#3 chose a field difficult to get into, knowing she would have to move even though she didn't want to do that - then got pregnant and realized her job was going to be difficult, and quit. Not sure what she was thinking either time, she's not good at planning.
#4 just had a job where she wasn't recognized, and found a different job where she was happier.

I'm not really getting what this article was about.

Me neither, except that it promotes the notion that being unsatisfied in the moment ( for a length of time) for whatever reason, means it's the company's fault that you work for and you should quit and find something that pays tons of money for part time work. In a nut shell. LOL.
 Honestly, I do think there's wiggle room for many companies to allow employees to have a little bit more time off. It is challenging sometimes when you have to take off work for appointments and things that must be done during the 8-5 time slot. The allowance of more time off, let's say half-day Fridays, means employees need to work more efficiently to meet the demands of their work in less hours. The reality is, though, that after some time has gone by, the employees will begin to want all-day Fridays ( off) in addition to regular raises, more benefits added to their package, more paid time off, advancement ..etc....it's the way of things. 
 If one goes to work for a business that has only employees, an assistant manager and manager, how many advancements can their be ? Obtaining a job, learning more skills, finding a new job elsewhere, gaining more skills, finding a new job...aren't anything new and have been how most people have found success. These days however, leaving one job for another is blamed on the previous employer whether it was a great place to work or not.

(01-29-2022, 12:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's another one!  https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersa...d=msedgntp

This one makes little sense really. She was mad because her employer wouldn't let her work remotely for a few hours, to help her be able to work a part time job somewhere else...(? It is not one employers duty to make working somewhere else easier for you)                    ..She worked this job plus two part time jobs and her complaint is that she felt overworked. ( ? I would think so )                                     ..She was asked to worked a night a week so she arranged it so that her night was the same night each week because of her children yet she worked two other jobs......( what about the children then ? ) 
.... She complained that the library had poor policies for parents of children......but she worked two other jobs....away from her children....(?)..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What career move would you make? FAANG Contract or steady work mohelena02 21 2,069 02-08-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 666 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Advice needed, making time for uni work. Personherebb9 14 1,103 06-11-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Video A Modern Movie That Shows the Brutal Life of Communism LevelUP 1 532 04-10-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Sad My Whole Life Was a Lie LevelUP 10 4,015 07-24-2022, 05:52 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  A Conversation About Inflation, Life Abroad, and Education Kal Di 0 532 05-31-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Why African Americans Prefer Life in Africa Kal Di 18 1,505 05-19-2022, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? LevelUP 34 5,748 03-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  How to Minimize Inflation in Your Life Kal Di 16 1,524 03-24-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Life After Career Switch Alpha 1 683 03-04-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP