Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grrrr....Us History I
empressjewelz Wrote:Hey all,
I tried to look for posts about US History 2, so sorry for interrupting this forum with a US History 2 question, but I desperately need some advice, and can't seem to make my own post question. Can anyone give me tips on the US History 2 exam? If you have a study guide that really pertains to a lot of the questions on the exam, that would be very much appreciated. Right now I'm just using IC, but is that enough? Your help would be wonderful!

The History Channel's DVD series "The Presidents" has so much good info and gives so much context. I highly recommend the series (volumes 2 & 3) for USHII. I also love the hippocampus.org USHII presentations. Both are really helpful for the visual learner.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
I took the US History I test this week and as many of you have shared it was a rough one. This is now the 4th test I completed so I do have something to compare against... The good news--- I PASSED! And of what I can recall my test spent a lot of time around 19th century -- Federalist- Demecratic-Republican-Lincoln Missiouri Act- Kansas-Nebraska Act- slavery--Know which state were in the Cofederate states- and Civil War. Also, know "who said what". I would say they asked 7 - 10 questions based on a quote and you needed to know who made that statement. Additionally, they do ask about writers and artist, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Moby Dick

Now I studied for just over a week, but outside of going to work, all I did was study. I focused on all the Instant Cert questions, and also used the study sites that were recommended by others in this thread--
I especially liked the Resource: A Biography of America videos-- I feel it helped a lot: Resource: A Biography of America.

I also used Peterson Prep tests and FAILED 2 tests-- so I agree-- these tests are harder than the actual test-- HOWEVER--- there were exact questions taken from the Peterson tests that were on the exam-- so I do recommend taking the tests, but not so much to see where you are at, but as another source to study from. I spent the 2 nights prior to the test on Peterson site and I am glad I did.

I wish you all pass--- I graduate in May and using this site I was able to save money and an entire semister in the traditional world. THANK YOU !!!
congrats Stacy! Thanks for the information about the test. I had to schedule for Tuesday so tomorrow I'm going to review a lot!
Woot! I passed with a 64!!!! Used mostly REA book, REA and Instantcert flashcards and Barron's Painless American History. Finally I can start my teaching program!
Congratulations on passing your exam and getting to move forward with your teaching plans!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 497 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 495 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 458 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 13 2,362 03-07-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Ypsiterroir
  Has anyone taken the ONU Your Way HIS 379 Latin American History and Politics course Insert Name 10 1,336 03-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 1,900 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Looking For UPPER LEVEL History Courses tls7291 7 1,211 05-04-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: tls7291
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,253 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  Looking For TESU World History Alternatives tls7291 4 1,082 01-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az