Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardian Scholarship Study.Com
rlw74 Wrote:Re: the scholarship - for those on it, do you know if the two exams must be completed in a calendar month or within 30 days from start? The reason I ask is because my scholarship started on January 9th. Do I need to complete both exams by January 31? or one month from when my scholarship began? I'm hoping to get through the Personal Finance course asap so I can focus on the second course. I just need to be sure I get both exams in by whichever deadline they use so I don't lose one. If I need it by January 31, I'll just pick one of the courses that have less units and no projects to be sure I don't run into a time crunch.

They've recently changed some policies, so I'm not positive, but it used to be a month from the start of your month. So if you received it on the 9th of January, you'd have to take your 2nd one by the 8th of February.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
rlw74 Wrote:Does anyone know, if you currently have a study.com membership and are in the middle of a month but then get the scholarship, what happens?

That is what happened to me. Your paid membership pauses and you start the scholarship. You must immediately complete Personal Finance, then you can use it for whatever you want. (ACE credit or test study)
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
(12-02-2016, 05:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
ndelcollo Wrote:I would definitely apply and make sure you talk about how you will use the knowledge of Personal Finance after you complete the course. Where else are you going to find 18 free credits, with many UL options available? Unfortunately for me, I will only be able to use 15 credits since I've already completed my free electives and that is where Personal Finance will come into for TESU but still, I'm very pumped about 15 free credits!

Exactly this.  For anyone on the border of thinking of applying, just do it, worse thing is they say no, you don't lose anything... plenty to gain.

This might be a silly question, but can I use the 30-day free trial found here https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/ followed by the Guardian Scholarship (assuming my application was accepted)?
This is kind of a zombie thread. Might be easier to get an answer as a new post. You can't take any exams during a free trial so if you need the credits it's better to start an account and either run it concurrently if you end up getting the scholarship AND think you can complete four courses in a month OR ask study.com to combine the two accounts or put one on hold.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,360 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,489 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 605 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 684 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM