Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess I'm Done?
I received this piece of paper with my name on it in the mail today. I grabbed the closest items I could (my pocket knife, some skeleton keys, a salt/pepper shaker, and some bullets) in order to hold it down and snap a pic.

Just being silly! Smile

I want to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I never envisioned having a master's degree, but thanks to this forum here I am today with one in my hands. I was even able to complete it within a year while working. The time went by so fast, so I'd like to just say to anyone who is on the fence about starting or continuing their education through distance learning...The time is going to pass whether you like it or not, so you might as well make it count. And believe me when I tell you...the time goes by quick if you keep your head down. I can't even believe a year has gone by. It feels like it's only been a few months.

Thank you to everyone on this forum!

I guess the only question is...what's next?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2175[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">degree.jpg (Size: 16.69 KB / Downloads: 27)
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
Congratulations!
Congrats! Great job!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Well done! Congratulations!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
:hurray:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:hurray:

What a wonderful statement regarding time passing anyway, so why not make it count!!

You certainly have accomplished a magnificent achievement...and in such a short amount of time!!!:hurray:
"I dwell in Possibility."  Emily Dickinson
2011-12  CLEP
 Int Psych - 75 / H G & D - 69 / Ed Psych - 72 / Am Lit - 80  / A & I Lit - 75 / Eng Lit - 73 2012-13  SL  Eng Comp I - 95.3% P /
Eng Comp II - 97.5% P 2014  EC/UEXCEL  Ab Psych - A / Soc Psych - A / Psych A & A - A  / Gerontology - A / Info Lit - P 2015 BYU Sport Psych - A / DSST Sub Abuse - 470 / Int World Rel - 481 / H T Y H - 465 / Tor College HIS 301 - 81% P 2016 EC LA498 Capstone - A
1991 AA Liberal Arts USNY Regents College
2016 BSLA Magna Cum Laude Excelsior College  - A 5 year journey COMPLETED!

2017-2019 Study.com Certs. - Am Lit/Brit Lit/Shakespeare/Poetry Review Shmoop - Shakespeare's Plays/Shakespeare in Context/Women's Lit
Hunter91 Wrote:I received this piece of paper with my name on it in the mail today. I grabbed the closest items I could (my pocket knife, some skeleton keys, a salt/pepper shaker, and some bullets) in order to hold it down and snap a pic.

Just being silly! Smile

I want to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I never envisioned having a master's degree, but thanks to this forum here I am today with one in my hands. I was even able to complete it within a year while working. The time went by so fast, so I'd like to just say to anyone who is on the fence about starting or continuing their education through distance learning...The time is going to pass whether you like it or not, so you might as well make it count. And believe me when I tell you...the time goes by quick if you keep your head down. I can't even believe a year has gone by. It feels like it's only been a few months.

Thank you to everyone on this forum!

I guess the only question is...what's next?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2175[/ATTACH]

Awesome! Congrats, man!
I'm going to Amberton too - got 4 more classes before I get mine. Nice to know of another Amberton-grad out there!

You asked "what's next?" - for me, after I get the MA in Prof. Dev. next year, I might go for another MA in a different field that may open up opportunities for that field-choice. Maybe you'll do the same - or shoot for a Ph.D?
kevinmane Wrote:Awesome! Congrats, man!
I'm going to Amberton too - got 4 more classes before I get mine. Nice to know of another Amberton-grad out there!

You asked "what's next?" - for me, after I get the MA in Prof. Dev. next year, I might go for another MA in a different field that may open up opportunities for that field-choice. Maybe you'll do the same - or shoot for a Ph.D?

Hmm...I'm not opposed to that plan lol. Just have to find something I'd be willing to study. I probably wouldn't even be opposed to getting a second bachelor's, but we'll see I guess. No way Jose on the phd though, for me at least. Smile
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
Wow, that was fast! That's an awesome looking document!! Congratulations on your achievement, I'm so happy for you!!!! :hurray: cheersmate:hurray:

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Congratulations!!! I was super close to going for the MA at Amberton - even knocked out the 4 Vesi courses but in the final hour switched to WGU. Super cool to read you finished the program and with great speed! Best wishes for next adventures.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
Congrats! Smile
TESC BALS -- March 2017

Done in 2016:
DSST Substance Abuse PASSED 1/2016
DSST Public Speaking PASSED 1/2016
SL American Govt. -- PASSED 2/2016
SL Business Comm. -- PASSED 3/2016
The Institutes free ethics class - accepted, thank you, God! Smile
Living in the Info Age (SOC 110) - 3/2016
TECEP Abnormal Psych - PASSED 3/2016
TESU Capstone -- DONE!!! A- (but still an A, right?) 1/2017

Put on the back burner for a rainy day:
Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food (SOC 302)