Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess I'm Done?
Congratulations! Can you share with us your experience on the rigors of the courses you've taken. I noticed there are no capstone courses with their degrees.

Hunter91 Wrote:I received this piece of paper with my name on it in the mail today. I grabbed the closest items I could (my pocket knife, some skeleton keys, a salt/pepper shaker, and some bullets) in order to hold it down and snap a pic.

Just being silly! Smile

I want to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I never envisioned having a master's degree, but thanks to this forum here I am today with one in my hands. I was even able to complete it within a year while working. The time went by so fast, so I'd like to just say to anyone who is on the fence about starting or continuing their education through distance learning...The time is going to pass whether you like it or not, so you might as well make it count. And believe me when I tell you...the time goes by quick if you keep your head down. I can't even believe a year has gone by. It feels like it's only been a few months.

Thank you to everyone on this forum!

I guess the only question is...what's next?

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2175&stc=1]
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
videogamesrock Wrote:Congratulations! Can you share with us your experience on the rigors of the courses you've taken. I noticed there are no capstone courses with their degrees.

Nearly all the courses I took consisted entirely of written assignments based off the assigned text(s), forum participation, and written finals. Like Straighterline, a syllabus is provided for every upcoming course at Amberton which shows who is teaching it and what they require in terms of their assignments. This allows you to pick and choose a writing heavy course versus an exam heavy course. And you are correct, there is no capstone, at least not for the MA in professional development.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
Hunter91 Wrote:Nearly all the courses I took consisted entirely of written assignments based off the assigned text(s), forum participation, and written finals. Like Straighterline, a syllabus is provided for every upcoming course at Amberton which shows who is teaching it and what they require in terms of their assignments. This allows you to pick and choose a writing heavy course versus an exam heavy course. And you are correct, there is no capstone, at least not for the MA in professional development.

It's like a make up your own Masters. A total mix and match. What a great post!
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS