Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! TESU App done- but I didn't list ACE/NCCRS/DSST/CLEP/SDC- credit transfer
Hi all,

I just submitted my TESU application form a few days ago and I didn't fill in ACE/NCCRS/CLEP/DSST/Study.com/Instantcert.com/CSMLearn/Sophia Learning/Davar Academy etc under the transfer credit section. I was under the assumption that only regionally accreditated colleges were required to be listed there, and after searching for the above keywords and not finding them, somehow I didn't think I needed to fill those in.

TESU admissions just told me that they didn't receive my transcripts, but I know for sure they've been sent, so I'm now EXTREMELY concerned that I made a mistake on my application form and that I was supposed to fill in that information prior to submitting my application. I now have an account in TESU OSS as I was given my student ID, can anyone assist me on this matter on how I should proceed to manage to transfer the above credits correctly? 

I have 21 DSSTs, 9CLEPs, 1 CSM Learn, 5 Sophia courses currently completed, and I'm still working on more courses from Study.com/sophia/davar/instantcert. I've also just sent an email to admissions regarding this asking them what to do, but as I've heard since they're not fond of big credit transfers if anyone here has ANY info at all on what to do it would help so much. Would submitting a new admissions application and paying $50 application fee solve this issue?

What should I do, I'm freaking out... I am so worried that because of a potential mistake I may not be awarded transfer credit appropriately.

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
Be afraid, be worried, for 5 minutes... Yeah, if you've applied and paid the application fee, you're all good. They take time to assess your credits, you don't need to mention anything during the application except what's required. Just send in your transcripts as best you can and wait for the evaluation to be completed. During that time of waiting, you can take some courses using Sophia or whatever other provider you are going to be using. You should have a degree plan and set of courses from selected, if not, create your own plan and list of courses to do.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-10-2020, 03:17 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Be afraid, be worried, for 5 minutes... Yeah, if you've applied and paid the application fee, you're all good.  They take time to assess your credits, you don't need to mention anything during the application except what's required.  Just send in your transcripts as best you can and wait for the evaluation to be completed.  During that time of waiting, you can take some courses using Sophia or whatever other provider you are going to be using.  You should have a degree plan and set of courses from selected, if not, create your own plan and list of courses to do.

How come the admissions counselor said they didn't receive any transcripts though? 

On the application form, it says 'You must list the institutions from which you will be sending transfer credit for review. If we receive a transcript from a school you did not list, you may not be awarded transfer credit appropriately.'
I was under the assumption that this is only for regionally accreditated colleges/ universities... Since I didn't list DSST/CLEP/ACE, am I under any trouble here for transfer the credits 'appropriately'?

But in my OSS account under 'My institution transfers', none of the DSST/CLEP/ACE stuff is listed. My DSST and ACE transcripts were both emailed. Since I didn't list them in my application form, would they be updated in this section when they do process said credits?

Also, since they only do 2 evaluations and it seems like my plan of them all evaluating everything I sent at once is backfiring, should I enroll in the $50TECEP now?

(12-10-2020, 03:27 AM)elenlushk Wrote: How come the admissions counselor said they didn't receive any transcripts though?

On the application form, it says 'You must list the institutions from which you will be sending transfer credit for review. If we receive a transcript from a school you did not list, you may not be awarded transfer credit appropriately.'
I was under the assumption that this is only for regionally accreditated colleges/ universities... Since I didn't list DSST/CLEP/ACE, am I under any trouble here for transfer the credits 'appropriately'?

But in my OSS account under 'My institution transfers', none of the DSST/CLEP/ACE stuff is listed. My DSST and ACE transcripts were both emailed. Since I didn't list them in my application form, would they be updated in this section when they do process said credits?

I wouldn't worry about this. They'll show up eventually.

When I originally applied to TESU, I'm pretty sure I only listed my old community college, CLEP/DSST, and StraighterLine since I didn't really know where I was going to get the rest of my credits at that point. I later sent transcripts from Study.com in addition to taking a bunch of new courses via ACE that I didn't plan for (or tell TESU about beforehand). They never gave me any issues about any of the new credit providers I added.

I'm pretty sure they ask this so they will have an idea of how many transcripts to expect since they only provide two evaluations until you register for classes and officially become an enrolled student (as you mention above).

(12-10-2020, 03:27 AM)elenlushk Wrote: Also, since they only do 2 evaluations and it seems like my plan of them all evaluating everything I sent at once is backfiring, should I enroll in the $50TECEP now?

There isn't really a reason to register for a TECEP unless you really need to lock in your catalog right away for some reason. In fact, there is no reason to ever register for a TECEP unless you need one for your degree that you plan to take either way, or you need to extend your enrollment by another year. For first time enrollment, you are better off registering for the cornerstone first since you need it regardless and you can get that taken care of while you're working on completing the rest of the courses via other avenues. Of course, this assumes you're self-pay and not using financial aid or otherwise have a need to complete multiple courses in the same term. I also suggest this since the capstone is a beast and it is always best to take the capstone on its own after everything else is already done, if possible.

Also, you can ask them to hold off on evaluating any of your credits until all your planned transcripts arrive –– you'll need to list the ones you're expecting, of course. I don't know if they will honor that, but that is something I didn't think about until it is too late.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
And BTW, I would just say you have ACE credits coming - you don't need to list everything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Admissions may not be the ones who receive and process the transcripts. Quite often it goes to the Registrar's office. TESU may be working from home. They are probably backlogged as well. It will just take some time. Have patience!
When I started at TESU, I don't think I put any transcripts in the transcript box. Since June, I've sent in multiple ACE transcripts, SDC transcripts, and a transcript from ASU. I haven't had any issues with them not evaluating the transcripts.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-10-2020, 02:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote: When I started at TESU, I don't think I put any transcripts in the transcript box. Since June, I've sent in multiple ACE transcripts, SDC transcripts, and a transcript from ASU. I haven't had any issues with them not evaluating the transcripts.
Thank you guys! This is such a relief, I was so worried I made a permanent mistake there...

I am now an accepted student, but does that mean I’m locked in to the catalog at all?

And if I’m now only limited to 2 evaluations, do they hold on to the rest of the transcripts I send them to evaluate when I’ve enrolled in a course with them, or will I have to send all those transcripts they didn’t evaluate again?

When we applied to TESU, the local CC had changed names. They did not have the proper name listed. All I did was send an email to TESU with the correction to add the correct name of the CC, and they emailed me back that they would add that to the list. Just email them and tell them you need to add those to your list. Honestly, it is that simple. They will take a while to get to all this. It took longer than I would have thought, but they do get to it. I was surprised it could not be changed easier by the the person applying?

If you are done with courses, and the transcripts are able to be sent when you first enroll then they will accept them. However, after the original transcripts are sent anything else additional will be held until you enroll. At least that is how it has worked for us so far. They will add the course to your "plan" if you ask that is be added, but you will not get the credits for it until you actually enroll.
(12-10-2020, 03:24 PM)elenlushk Wrote: I am now an accepted student, but does that mean I’m locked in to the catalog at all?

Yes, once you hit accepted status your degree plan is locked to the then-current catalog year. From there you have 12 months to register for a course at TESU to become officially enrolled. If you don't do so, you will become inactive and your catalog lock will be removed, so if you apply again later you'll be on whatever the then-current catalog is.

(12-10-2020, 03:24 PM)elenlushk Wrote: And if I’m now only limited to 2 evaluations, do they hold on to the rest of the transcripts I send them to evaluate when I’ve enrolled in a course with them, or will I have to send all those transcripts they didn’t evaluate again?

TESU will evaluate your transcripts as soon as they are received unless you ask them to hold off on doing the evaluation (or maybe send them a list of transcripts to expect first).

I accidentally blew through both of my evaluations without realizing it since my transcripts arrived staggered across a few weeks since some were delivered electronically and the rest were sent by US mail. TESU completed both evaluations before all of my transcripts even arrived. So by the time I was ready to send in my ACE and Study.com transcripts, I was out of evaluations. I had to register for a TECEP to become enrolled just so I could get the evaluations done to sign up for my capstone.

That said, once a transcript has been accepted, it stays on file as part of your permanent record. I don't think they expire, or if they do it is probably like a year after you graduate or become inactive, or something like that.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,347 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 531 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,235 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 209 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 306 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill