Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP to decide -Computer Science/Engineering/IT
No, not the business one. But you can pick up the ASNSM Math super easily. I think you'd just need one or two additional math courses. If that. Such as the Liberal Arts Math TECEP and/or the College Math CLEP exam.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-17-2022, 12:57 PM)ACI Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 09:43 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Here's another option.

If you get the BA in Computer Science at TESU, then you pick up the Associates in Business for free and with no extra courses required if you plan things right.

Another option is to get an MBA later on in life.

Sound like you're set on TESU however, the SNHU Computer Science plan is up on Wiki now:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...egree_Plan

So, if we were going to get a double major - BA/BS CIS and BA CS....would it be helpful to get an associates also?

There is no need for the Associates in Business if you already have the BSBA CIS.

What I recommend is doing the Computer Science degree first getting everything done but the free electives, then deciding if you want to go for the BSBA CIS or AS Business or nothing else.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
A kid who likes programming and solving real world computer problems would probably be happiest with a computer science degree over the others. Why not start him in community college? That's the place for someone who isn't sure what degree they want. I somehow don't think that studying online at home is going to help him sort out his adult self as well as being around other folks who are also figuring out the adult world. You end up socialing with all sorts of people who are doing a lot of different things, some of them farther along in the "adulting" process.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you everyone! I posted a new thread with the degree plan I came up with. I would love your feedback!
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-inclucded
(01-17-2022, 03:54 PM)ACI Wrote: Thank you everyone!  I posted a new thread with the degree plan I came up with.  I would love your feedback!

ACI, 2 things:  1) As a favor to ask, can you update the template by also creating a corresponding BACS plan side by side using the details of the wiki links that were provided to you?  Please make sure the info below is updated.  2) If you can't find the corresponding courses, leave it blank, I'll review it later.

Your 16 credits for residency will be the following, and all 16 credits including the ones from ASU *MUST* be on both plans, as each of them need the 30 RA and the 16 credit residency.  So, to slice it, you need cornerstone, 2 capstones, for 9 credits.  I would take three more courses - Discrete Math, Computer Architecture, Operating Systems for 9.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-17-2022, 01:19 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 12:57 PM)ACI Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 09:43 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Here's another option.

If you get the BA in Computer Science at TESU, then you pick up the Associates in Business for free and with no extra courses required if you plan things right.

Another option is to get an MBA later on in life.

Sound like you're set on TESU however, the SNHU Computer Science plan is up on Wiki now:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/SN...egree_Plan

So, if we were going to get a double major - BA/BS CIS and BA CS....would it be helpful to get an associates also?

There is no need for the Associates in Business if you already have the BSBA CIS.

What I recommend is doing the Computer Science degree first getting everything done but the free electives, then deciding if you want to go for the BSBA CIS or AS Business or nothing else.

Thanks - it was recommended on here we might as well get the two degrees at once since it is only a small overlap.  And, apparently TESU accepts the order better if you complete CIS before CS.
(01-17-2022, 04:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 03:54 PM)ACI Wrote: Thank you everyone!  I posted a new thread with the degree plan I came up with.  I would love your feedback!

ACI, 2 things:  1) As a favor to ask, can you update the template by also creating a corresponding BACS plan side by side using the details of the wiki links that were provided to you?  Please make sure the info below is updated.  2) If you can't find the corresponding courses, leave it blank, I'll review it later.

Your 16 credits for residency will be the following, and all 16 credits including the ones from ASU *MUST* be on both plans, as each of them need the 30 RA and the 16 credit residency.  So, to slice it, you need cornerstone, 2 capstones, for 9 credits.  I would take three more courses - Discrete Math, Computer Architecture, Operating Systems for 9.

Okay...not sure I know how to do it so it make sense, but I tried...
(01-17-2022, 04:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

I updated the post and the spreadsheet.  Thanks! CIS degree Advice - Plan inclucded (degreeforum.net)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 371 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  How to get a Software Engineering, Data, or CS degree for cheap in 2024? awildstudentappeared 6 568 03-12-2024, 01:30 AM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Computer Science Degree Needed lifted567 30 2,330 03-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMBI Political Science Advice XNutty98 2 191 03-03-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Computer science for international student in 2024 Passa 6 358 02-27-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Passa
  Seeking Advice on Degree Plans: BS Computer Science, BS Cyber Security, and BA Human rutpun15 3 391 02-21-2024, 05:38 PM
  European seeking Computer Science or Math fcfcfc 11 627 01-20-2024, 04:52 PM
  Help - Engineering Degree for European Student Bat1234 6 585 01-06-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Bat1234
Question Help - Computer Science Degree Plan International Student JohnnyBazzinga 8 892 01-04-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Advice - BS Data science FullFocus 10 775 12-30-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: fmsoa