Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harvard Graduate School of Education launches online Ed.M
I just got this e-mail from HGSE! They offered a masters in education once online before. It's great they now are having a permanent online program. They write:

To prepare and support a new generation of education leaders seeking to expand their impact at a critical time in the field, the Harvard Graduate School of Education has announced the launch of an online master’s program for established education professionals.

The new online Master’s in Education Leadership will allow working educators to pursue an HGSE Ed.M. without disrupting commitments to family, career, or community. This 24-month, part-time program is designed for education professionals with at least seven years of work experience. Through a combination of asynchronous and live elements, this career-embedded online program will enable educators to make an immediate impact in their current education context.

As part HGSE’s online Ed.M. community, participants will engage with our world-renowned faculty and build a life-long professional network. They’ll participate in a thoughtfully crafted curriculum anchored in both foundational knowledge and core competencies in education leadership, and they’ll also complete pathway-specific courses to advance their leadership in preK-12 education or higher education.

The online Master’s in Education Leadership complements HGSE’s longstanding residential master’s program and enables us to prepare an even wider array of educators for transformative leadership to serve learners everywhere.

If you, or anyone you know, is interested in learning more about this new opportunity, please visit our degrees website, reach out to an admissions representative, or fill out this “Introduce Yourself” form.

Sincerely,
The Professional Education Team
The Harvard Graduate School of Education
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
I think this is the first 100% online degree that Harvard has ever offered
HGSE Launches Online Master’s in Education Leadership | Harvard Graduate School of Education
(06-23-2021, 05:43 PM)Alpha Wrote: I think this is the first 100% online degree that Harvard has ever offered
HGSE Launches Online Master’s in Education Leadership | Harvard Graduate School of Education

They've had an online public health program for a while, but this is still exciting.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Yes, you're right.  Here it is
MPH in Epidemiology – Online and On Campus – Admissions (harvard.edu)
Technically, this year, all extension school degrees are fully online since we're prohibited from returning to campus, so if students are interested in a degree from the extension school, through this spring it's 100% to take live, online classes at set times and have those count as their on campus requirement, making it fully possible to finish 100% online- which is what I'm doing.

Regarding the graduate school of education specifically, normally, M.EDs at HGSE are around 58-72k per year, so I imagine the part time program, online, spaced out via two years may be slightly more financially sustainable. That's the hope. I may apply.

I had to dig about this, but actually this degree doesn't appear it's fully online. There are two residential periods students must attend.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 328 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,215 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 330 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 896 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 498 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 271 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,851 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,190 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 947 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,357 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher