Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harvard University Kennedy School of Government Pathway
Congratulations on your certificate and Almuni status! Your posts and the information you have shared have been wonderful!
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Life_One's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Thank you so  much!!! I hope people can come back to this forum post to get additional information if they'd like to take advantage of the information for themselves. The PLC Credential is pricey- the current price hangs around $6400, but it's a great way to satisfy three courses at Harvard Kennedy School for the MC/MPA or three courses at Harvard Extension School.  Both require an on-campus commitment for a degree, but I think that the requirement is important and necessary to maintain the legitimacy of the institutions and programs. Harvard has so many museums, libraries, volunteer and job opportunities not available elsewhere- even at other top schools. I highly recommend taking advantage of them. 

If anyone has any remaining questions, please post them here. I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my ability.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegecareerstudent's post:
  • Life_One
(05-21-2023, 12:56 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Thank you so  much!!! I hope people can come back to this forum post to get additional information if they'd like to take advantage of the information for themselves. The PLC Credential is pricey- the current price hangs around $6400, but it's a great way to satisfy three courses at Harvard Kennedy School for the MC/MPA or three courses at Harvard Extension School.  Both require an on-campus commitment for a degree, but I think that the requirement is important and necessary to maintain the legitimacy of the institutions and programs. Harvard has so many museums, libraries, volunteer and job opportunities not available elsewhere- even at other top schools. I highly recommend taking advantage of them. 

If anyone has any remaining questions, please post them here. I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my ability.

In person interactions are certainly a plus but I would not say they maintain legitimacy. The program(s) would be just as legitimate without any on-campus requirements…at least in my non-expert opinion. Smile
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 2 users Like ThatBankDude's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, Sacrifice
Hmm, just wondering, since I'm not sure why there are 'on campus' requirements, in this digital age, can't they move it all to online conferencing instead?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
They did that for a few semesters during Covid- move all things online. So technically, I really don't have to go back to campus unless I want to, but I don't think it makes much sense as student government president to not do so. For my degree record sheet, it shows the three classes I took on Zoom during the pandemic as satisfying the on campus requirement. That being said, given the stigma that lingers for HES (it's way better these days than even ten years ago but let's not act like there aren't naysayers out there) I think it helps us to go on campus and have the full Harvard experience, experience the athletics, various museums and libraries, and take advantage of career services.
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
(05-24-2023, 04:52 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: They did that for a few semesters during Covid- move all things online. So technically, I really don't have to go back to campus unless I want to, but I don't think it makes much sense as student government president to not do so. For my degree record sheet, it shows the three classes I took on Zoom during the pandemic as satisfying the on campus requirement. That being said, given the stigma that lingers for HES (it's way better these days than even ten years ago but let's not act like there aren't naysayers out there) I think it helps us to go on campus and have the full Harvard experience, experience the athletics, various museums and libraries, and take advantage of career services.

Having joined athletic clubs, immersed in the museums, done homework in libraries, participated in social/music events at the Smith center and Lehman Hall... I can say that it's a TOTALLY different and WAY better experience than solely online. 

Hang out on the tenth floor of the Smith Center to do homework. I found tons of natural light and a GREAT view helped keep me energized. Also, when you take a break, you might fall into a fooseball or billiards game with other students. That's always fun!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Pikachu
I definitely intend to join the athletic club. 160 for membership isn't that bad. I will do all those things, I was on campus for a week in May 2019 to scope out the campus and make sure HES was where I wanted to go but I didn't havw time for any fun activities nor did I have an ID card to access the museums yet.

A campus wide email just went for the ALM programs saying that 12 on campus graduate credits will no longer be required, just 4. I didn't get the email personally but the governing board is discussing it, so we'll see what's going on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 238 Today, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,061 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 273 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 885 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,454 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 547 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,845 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,971 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,363 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,312 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000