Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone gotten a second associate after Pierpont CTC AAS?
I know there's likely no career value in it, but I was wondering if anyone has gotten a second associate in a specialized field online or from the big 3 after getting a Pierpont CTC AAS degree?

I was reading COTC's policy on second degrees and they mention a second associate degree as a possibility if it's in a different field and you earn another 15 credits.

I'm more curious if people have done this than the 'value' factor. I've seen some signatures on here that list multiple associate and bachelor degrees and wonder how many people have stacked up degrees like that.
I'm getting an Associate from TESU, too, but that's only because it is "free" with a Bachelor's. I wouldn't pay for an Associate.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Skirtlet
I have 2 from local community colleges in totally different subject areas. They're also totally different degrees. One is an AAS and one is an AS. I had the AAS first and completed the AS so I had more transfer credit to a SUNY University. The AAS didn't guarantee me acceptance at the time but the AS did and it got me far more transfer credit. This was also 20 years ago. I wouldn't do it today since I could get a bachelor's degree online is less time and probably less money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Skirtlet
(12-20-2021, 04:19 PM)Skirtlet Wrote: I know there's likely no career value in it, but I was wondering if anyone has gotten a second associate in a specialized field online or from the big 3 after getting a Pierpont CTC AAS degree?

I was reading COTC's policy on second degrees and they mention a second associate degree as a possibility if it's in a different field and you earn another 15 credits.

I'm more curious if people have done this than the 'value' factor. I've seen some signatures on here that list multiple associate and bachelor degrees and wonder how many people have stacked up degrees like that.
I'm working on two associates degrees because I am interested in the subjects, don't need a bachelor's in either the subjects, and I'm able to get these for free / very cheap due to the union free college program and other free / cheap tuition programs I've learned about on this board.

I think taking classes is fun and doing it with a certain goal in mind gives me motivation for the classes that turn out to be less fun Wink . That said, before I discovered cheap/free options, I would just take free classes on edx and Coursera. So I'm definitely not somebody who would pay full price or even half price for a second associates just because I could get one.
I did an AS in Healthcare Administration, which was technically useful for learning medical billing and coding as a professional psychotherapist, whose graduate degree courses provided no insight into the matter lol
(12-20-2021, 04:26 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I'm getting an Associate from TESU, too, but that's only because it is "free" with a Bachelor's. I wouldn't pay for an Associate.

Same. I got them already though. Now pondering if I should go after a Master's.

I did buy the ENEB dual master's program last year but not sure if I want to do it or go for something like HAU.
(12-21-2021, 04:21 PM)utility Wrote: I did buy the ENEB dual master's program last year but not sure if I want to do it or go for something like HAU.

I would use the ENEB program to pre-study concepts for HAU or wherever.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Having an Associates is a great option to ladder up to a Bachelors, if you have many credits that can be used for an extra Associates, then it may be feasible if it's in a different subject matter, it could be used for general education/free electives towards the Bachelors degree. I wouldn't purposely go for an additional associates unless there is a reason to, if you don't require any extra energy, money, time, etc... then sure, it's a pretty good investment/value for the cost of transcripts.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm currently in process of trying to do that now. I already have an associate's and a bachelor's, but if the price is right, why not "upgrade" the associate's on my resume to a better school brand that's relevant in my region if possible? It's always good to be connected with a strong brand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Tedium

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 5 291 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 151 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 535 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 936 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 739 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 795 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 802 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 692 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,102 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,764 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares