Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone taken Spanish II at UMPI?
I just finished Spanish I at Study.com. I did reasonably well, but the oral assignments took me a very long time. Maybe that’s a problem with perfectionism on my part; I don’t know. Has anyone taken Spanish II at UMPI? If so, what was your experience? I’ve searched the forum and haven’t seen this question posted.
"I would strongly recommend getting the credit at Study.com or taking the CLEP and transferring it in. The YourPace Spanish 2 is having some design and technical issues that are being dealt with right now. I was the first person enrolled in it apparently and I decided to drop it today (I was given several options).  They are meeting to discuss plans to fix it this afternoon, but I would be cautious about taking it until it has been confirmed to be finished." (October 29, 2021)

"Spanish 2 on UMPI needs a lot of work someone else said a few weeks ago. There were a lot of problems with the class that were being worked on." (November 6, 2021)

"Yes, you should do it on Study.com (or SL I suppose).  The Spanish class at UMPI was a nightmare last I heard." (December 5, 2021)

I think the latter two posts are also referring to that first experience in October 2021.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
I've seen that some people here have said that the Sophia Spanish course is a good option. I haven't taken it bc I took the Instantcert class when it still transferred. But would recommend it anyway because Sophia is open book and the assignments don't look too hard. My brother will probably take it when he starts taking classes again.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(09-04-2022, 10:17 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote: I've seen that some people here have said that the Sophia Spanish course is a good option. I haven't taken it bc I took the Instantcert class when it still transferred. But would recommend it anyway because Sophia is open book and the assignments don't look too hard. My brother will probably take it when he starts taking classes again.

Just to clarify. Spanish 1 is available on Sophia. Spanish 2 is not on Sophia.
(09-04-2022, 11:41 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 10:17 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote: I've seen that some people here have said that the Sophia Spanish course is a good option. I haven't taken it bc I took the Instantcert class when it still transferred. But would recommend it anyway because Sophia is open book and the assignments don't look too hard. My brother will probably take it when he starts taking classes again.

Just to clarify. Spanish 1 is available on Sophia. Spanish 2 is not on Sophia.

Oh yeah my bad. For some reason I thought that we were talking about Spanish 1.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
If you had "problems" with Spanish I at Study.com, I don't think that Spanish II at UMPI would be easier. In fact, I think it would be more difficult. I would strongly recommend continuing on to Spanish 102: Intermediate Spanish at SDC.

As a reminder, you don't have to get perfect grades on the assignments if you do well on the exam. If you get 100% on the quizzes and 80% on the exam, you only need 41 points on the assignment(s) to pass. Check the rubrics to see how you can meet this number of points. You may only need to complete one assignment, then the other one can be done poorly (if at all) for you to pass.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It really depends on the student, since you've gone through Spanish I, if you want to continue with the same provider you can. I would also try to compare the number of assignments and written or speech recordings if any are required. Decide which would be easier for you and take the course at that provider. I suggest continuing on with the same provider as it should "ladder and overlap some content".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks, everyone, for your help! I am continuing with Spanish 2 at SDC. I appreciate your input!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 1 45 6 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 73 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 48 Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Last Post: valentvne
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,227 Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,374 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 439 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 324 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 292 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 420 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 63,124 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78