Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone taken TEL Chemistry 1 + Lab?
I am looking for info on TEL Chemistry 1 + Lab. Has anyone taken this from one of the partner schools? I am specifically interested in how the credits appeared on the partner school's transcript. Do they appear as transfer credits or as institutional courses? I need a Chemistry+Lab RA credit to transfer to a SUNY school. Must be RA but can be pass/fail grading.

Thanks in advance for any info you have to share.
These are transcripted on the partner school's transcripts as if you took it there. You actually have to choose the school you want to use first during registration/purchase of the course.

The one you do NOT want to choose is Greenville University, as they do put a notation on the transcript, which totally belies the point of doing this in the first place.

There's a transfer guide on their website, but if I were you, I would choose based on the name they bring it in as, depending on what you need.

MACU: CHEM1103: Chemistry I + CHEM1101: Chemistry I Lab
AU: CHM201: General Chemistry I + CHM201L: General Chemistry I Lab
Lane: CHE141: General Chemistry I + CHE141: General Chemistry I Lab
JU: CHEM204: General Chemistry I + CHEM204L: General Chemistry I Lab

HLGU: CHM-104LL: Foundations of Chemistry w/Lab
OC: CHEM-1104: Intro to Chemistry w/Lab
McM: CHEM-1410: General Chemistry w/Lab
IWU: CHEM175: General Chemistry I w/Lab
YC: CHEM114: Chemistry I w/Lab

I personally would choose MACU because they have the largest catalog of TEL courses they'll transcript, which I'm guessing means they have more experience.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-22-2021, 08:34 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote: I am looking for info on TEL Chemistry 1 + Lab. Has anyone taken this from one of the partner schools? I am specifically interested in how the credits appeared on the partner school's transcript. Do they appear as transfer credits or as institutional courses? I need a Chemistry+Lab RA credit to transfer to a SUNY school. Must be RA but can be pass/fail grading.

Thanks in advance for any info you have to share.

Word of absolute warning though: although the schools transcript the credit, they will NOT issue a syllabus for the course. After a months long fight with Iowa Wesleyan, Jacksonville and York I have given up. If your school will ask for a transcript as part of the transfer credit assessment... don't bother. Mine would only given me general credit in the course area, ie. natural sciences, in the end because I had no syllabi to give them. Biggest waste of time.

The stupid schools all said the same thing: "just give them the TEL Learning syllabus". But. My credit is on your transcript? Not TEL's, and the syllabus has TEL written literally all over it? My registrar didn't even want to accept the TEL syllabus from me becuase it clearly didn't match the transcript. Absolute headache.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sarahmac's post:
  • jch
sarahmac so how good are your Photoshop skills? jk.

Getting into long battles with the school's admin usually isn't worth it, best just to move on.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chemistry Course YehudisS 16 1,503 10-01-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: YehudisS
  Organic Chemistry class indigoshuffle 3 1,211 03-15-2021, 12:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  chemistry I and Physics I with LAB SL bingo1 14 2,278 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: CableGuy98
  Chemistry CLEP Exam Scoring JohnnyHeck 2 1,507 03-23-2019, 10:26 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Taking Chemistry and AP I together 2L8 7 2,965 12-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Thumbs Down Chemistry Clep Giantzebra 3 1,336 08-14-2018, 11:25 PM
Last Post: clep3705
  Tips on how to get 70+ on clep chemistry? Lecpot 28 7,925 08-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  CLEP Chemistry ChasingDegrees 1 1,307 04-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Last Post: mcaseyo
  Chemistry CLEP BabyTex 56 19,303 08-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: probablyok
  general chemistry icampy 43 5,048 04-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore