Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone taken the Straighterline Western Civ. course?
The final for Western Civ II was 50 question, 6 points each
I finished it just now, cost me 6 points to declare Mao to be the first black president of SA, but worth it.

I went over like 6 different quizlet card once yesterday, got about 15 hit in the finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silvious's post:
  • cwendy111
(07-23-2020, 02:46 PM)Silvious Wrote: The final for Western Civ II was 50 question, 6 points each
I finished it just now, cost me 6 points to declare Mao to be the first black president of SA, but worth it.

I went over like 6 different quizlet card once yesterday, got about 15 hit in the finals.

How did you find Western Civ II ? I'm not planning on taking it but I'm just curious to know if it's similar to Western Civ. I in format or difficulty.
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
(07-23-2020, 03:42 PM)ab10365 Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 02:46 PM)Silvious Wrote: The final for Western Civ II was 50 question, 6 points each

How did you find Western Civ II ? I'm not planning on taking it but I'm just curious to know if it's similar to Western Civ. I in format or difficulty.

I'm sorry, I didn't take Civ I.

Civ II to me is not that bad, I knew plenty of Napoleon Bonaparte and the French history, so that's like 25% of the course. Similar for Soviet and the German history.

The course ask about lots of specific event and people, that even finding the keyword for searching is a bit tricky. The exam is not listed in any order, so you'll have to go back and forth the book. Some question also require overview of the historical situation and require you to think in the direction of the text.

Off topic but while we are at SL, how do you finds their Organizational Behavior course?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silvious's post:
  • ab10365
From what I can remember, organizational behavior wasn't bad. Some of the course content is common sense. 

I wish I could go into more detail but I don't remember too much from the course. I pretty much had the same strategy for almost every Straighterline course:
  • Look at the quizzes
  • make notes on quizlet
  • Take the final exam using my notes and the ebook's search function.
The lowest course grade I received on Straighterline was 95%. I really enjoyed that platform and I wish they offered more specific courses that could be recognized as UL by TESU.
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
[-] The following 1 user Likes ab10365's post:
  • Silvious
(07-15-2020, 06:30 AM)ab10365 Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 10:37 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 10:16 PM)ab10365 Wrote: The course wasn't bad to be honest. I passed with a 95 & with more effort I could've done better. The course exams are more well aligned with the book than the chapter lessons. The final exam is open book, and the ebook is provided for the course so I recommend just using the ebook's search function. I tried to PM but it appears you have you message feature turned off.
Thanks, I saw same course on study.com, and so I might take that one after all.

I'd recommend Straighterline as it's a lot cheaper than study.com and you can probably complete the course in a shorter time. It really is an easy course. If you do end up taking it on Study.com let me know how it goes!

I'd like that Quizlet link please!
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 94 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 369 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  ENG301 Non Western Literature Lacedonia4 9 2,073 01-04-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 666 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,122 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore