Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone used ALEKS College Algebra course to study for the College Algebra CLEP?
Exclamation 
I start nursing school in April but still need to get credit for College Algebra and am planning to take my CLEP in February. I'm HORRIBLE at math and just started studying. I've done some research on what resources are the best to study from and I've purchased a couple of books on amazon. 
BUT, just wondering if anyone who has taken the college algebra CLEP used the ALEKS course to study for the exam?
If you have, how well did it prepare you for the CLEP? I have less than a month and I'm slightly freaking out since math is my weakest subject Huh 
I'm going back and forth using Khan Academy and Saylor, and I just started ALEKS and really like the teaching style but I just don't know if I'm wasting my time with it if it's not going to help prepare me fully for the CLEP. **I know they are no longer accredited, but the ACE credits aren't really a factor for me since my school won't accept them which is why my only option is to take the CLEP ( I just need something to help me go over and review the course)

I would appreciate any feedback!
I personally did not love ALEKS, and think Khan Academy is just as good if not better - and FREE. BUT, it really depends on your learning style as to which is best. I think ALEKS' counting entirely on being a good reader and figure out math kind of on your own is the more difficult style - Khan's videos are good and easier to understand (although a bit slower to get through).
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
When I completed ALEKS I didn't feel like I learned anything other than how to work their pie chart.

I'll second Khan academy.
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (9/32cr), 2021?
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I agree with JSD, but if it's helping you learn the subject matter, why not?
Working On:  WGU MS-ITM (start early 2020), GA Tech OMSC (start early 2021?)
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019)
Journey Thread:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coastline College - ACE Friendly Associate Degree harrypotter 8 620 Yesterday, 07:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How long does it take for CollegeBoard to send CLEP transcripts? alab21 2 102 11-19-2019, 06:58 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 4 181 11-19-2019, 04:45 PM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  CSU-GLOBAL SSA (Self Study Assessment) Plancked 5 196 11-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Grand Canyon University denied non-profit conversion. Remains as a for-profit college Windywing 1 302 11-13-2019, 09:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra udi 5 231 11-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  Is there any path with CLEP etc to Financial Mathematics acesup_11 5 194 11-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Microecon CLEP vs TECEP natshar 4 150 11-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Testing out with CLEP roadmap needed. Fuse 3 185 11-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 171 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem