Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has only taken English Comp II from Study.com yet
I know this just got ACE recommended so most likely not yet. I need 4 SL courses and now that Study.com has both Intro to Comm and English Comp II and they are both 3 credits now, I'm thinking of doing these two course instead.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
For English Composition II, there is also a new DSST called Principles of Advanced English Composition. The big draw is that you don't have to write essays for it. However, if you like the Study.com system, go for it! It's great to have so many options.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:For English Composition II, there is also a new DSST called Principles of Advanced English Composition. The big draw is that you don't have to write essays for it. However, if you like the Study.com system, go for it! It's great to have so many options.

I do keep forgetting about this test, I'll have to look into it. Problem with DSST is my only testing center usually only allows for the tests that they except to be taken for DSST at there testing center so I may not even be able to take it.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
KayV Wrote:For English Composition II, there is also a new DSST called Principles of Advanced English Composition. The big draw is that you don't have to write essays for it. However, if you like the Study.com system, go for it! It's great to have so many options.

I wish I had known this, I spent so much damn time on SL: Eng Comp 2 Confusedmilelol:
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
Does anyone know if you can keep improving and resubmitting your essays AFTER you take the proctored final exam on study.com? The website says this:
"After turning in your essay, you may go ahead and take the proctored final exam. You do not need to wait for your written response to be graded" but I'm wondering if you can send in your essay, take the proctored final, and then still send in your essay again? Or is your course "over" after you take the proctored final?
"If you are not satisfied with the score you receive on your paper, you may revise or rewrite your paper and resubmit it for grading using the same submission form above. Keep in mind that the grade you receive on this essay is only a portion of your overall grade for the course, and you are free to retake the proctored final exam as well if you choose. Please see the course syllabus for a more detailed breakdown of the grading policy."

I waited 12 days after submitting my first essay, and I still didn't receive a grade. So I just went ahead and took my proctored final after sending my essays. Even though I scored pretty high in the final, I had a difficult time writing essay, so I'd be pretty upset if I can't resubmit my essay if needed.
CLEP - Introduction to Psychology, Introduction Sociology, Human Growth and Development, College Mathematics, Educational Psychology, Humanities
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Introduction to Statistic, TEEX: Cybersecurity for Everyone
Study.com - Intro to World Religion, Western Civilization 1, Western Civilization 2, Abnormal Psychology, Info Sys and Comp Apps, American Gov't, Social Psychology, Personal Finance,
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Does anyone know if you can keep improving and resubmitting your essays AFTER you take the proctored final exam on study.com? The website says this:
"After turning in your essay, you may go ahead and take the proctored final exam. You do not need to wait for your written response to be graded" but I'm wondering if you can send in your essay, take the proctored final, and then still send in your essay again? Or is your course "over" after you take the proctored final?

Hello! That's a great question. Yes, you are free to resubmit assignments at any time -- before or after taking the proctored final. Please keep in mind that in addition to your initial submission, you have two opportunities to resubmit. In other words, you have a total of 3 possible submissions for each assignment.

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 911 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,354 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,598 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,464 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 752 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,635 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 592 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle