Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I lost my mind with this?
you can see the sample questions from Excelsior's UExcel exams for A&P I and II

https://www.excelsior.edu/wp-content/upl...logy_I.pdf

from https://www.excelsior.edu/exam/anatomy-a...siology-1/

https://www.excelsior.edu/wp-content/upl...ogy_II.pdf

from https://www.excelsior.edu/exam/anatomy-a...siology-2/

I just can't imagine trying to take A&P without a background in chemistry and biology
Our local CC offers a 100-level Intro to A&P with Bio 101 as a pre-req; but their 200-level Anatomy course requires Bio, and the 200-level Physiology course requires Bio & Chem. So I'm guessing your A&P courses is probably an "intro" course as well, with fewer prereq's.

As far as the number of courses; if you were a full-time student at any school, 15cr would be a minimum to graduate in 4 years, and 18cr is not unheard of in a semester (we don't even have to get advisor approval to take less than 21cr in a single semester). So no, that is not too much for most people. I think the main issue is the 2 lab sciences, which are just time-consuming in themselves (here, 3 hours of lecture and 3 hours of lab is standard for a week, so if your school was similar, that's 12 hours a week in class just for 2 classes, and then another 6-7 hours for the other 2 courses - that's a lot of time spent in a classroom each week, and then add homework on top of that).

But really, it depends on how much time you have to do your schoolwork, and what else you have on your plate.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • hsfamfun
this depends on many factors, but to be blunt, you should be fine lol.

a true full time schedule is usually considered 5 courses ( you only have 4 listed here and they appear to be LL courses you'd encounter in your first year of undergrad) if you are simply attending school and not working, this semester  should be a breeze.  

For the last 2 semesters my girlfriend  managed to take 4 courses at our local community college in addition to working 40 hours per week and taking care of our 9 year old son. she managed to maintain straight A's.

Life is a balancing act, learn to plan, organize, act, and fight procrastination.

If you are successful in this semester, it will go a long way in boosting your confidence to take on larger and more difficult tasks in all areas of your life, in and out of the classroom.
(04-04-2019, 09:41 AM)Jitzman94 Wrote: this depends on many factors, but to be blunt, you should be fine lol.

a true full time schedule is usually considered 5 courses ( you only have 4 listed here and they appear to be LL courses you'd encounter in your first year of undergrad) if you are simply attending school and not working, this semester  should be a breeze.  

For the last 2 semesters my girlfriend  managed to take 4 courses at our local community college in addition to working 40 hours per week and taking care of our 9 year old son. she managed to maintain straight A's.

Life is a balancing act, learn to plan, organize, act, and fight procrastination.

If you are successful in this semester, it will go a long way in boosting your confidence to take on larger and more difficult tasks in all areas of your life, in and out of the classroom.

Not to be disagreeable, but it's not 5 courses, it's 12-15 credits - which depends on the number of credits per course. Two of her courses are labs, which are 4 credits (not 3) and I think the bigger question is whether or not a person should have a science foundation before taking A&P which is debatable. FWIW, having done all of then, I still vote a hard yes. But to each his own.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have changed my mind... I'll apply to Georgia Tech's OMSCS nomaduser 5 1,561 12-25-2022, 12:43 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,213 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  IDEA has lost its two founders, who began in remote South Texas in 2000 bjcheung77 1 611 01-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Johann
  77 terabytes of data lost! bjcheung77 2 741 12-31-2021, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  With law school in mind, Excelsior or TESU? Jitzman94 6 1,730 04-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
Exclamation Retesting in a few months and scared out of my mind! 2L8 1 1,055 01-16-2018, 03:37 PM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  A bit lost and need some advice/help thanks! BearEDU 48 7,305 08-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  I'm lost! TESU accepted 43 of my 60 credits but only 22 apply to BSBA Awonser 15 1,777 06-17-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Please Help - My Mind is About to Explode! :) Alissa 10 1,411 04-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Alissa
  Going for a Masters in something you've never studies - have I lost my mind? soliloquy 11 1,373 11-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Last Post: NAP