Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you heard of Nexford University
Nexford University, an American licensed online university headquartered in Washington DC, offers online certificates, undergraduate and masters degree programs for students and professionals.
Nexford offers a wide range of Bachelor and Masters programins, including courses covering Artificial Intelligence & Robotics, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Financial Decision Making, IoT, Technology and Operations Management among other in-demand fields.

Certificate Program:
Renewable Energy
Financial Decision Making
Accounting and Financial Reporting
Artificial Intelligence & Robotics
AI and the Future of Automation
Internet of Things
Applied Economics and Statistics
Building a Tech Startup
Doing Business in Sub Saharan Africa
Business Analytics
Doing Business Across Emerging Markets
Product Management
Supply Chain & E-Commerce
Global Business
Corporate Sustainability
Culture in a Global Business Environment
Cybersecurity Leadership
Data Sciences for Decision Making
Technology and Operations Management
Enabling E-Commerce and Digital Strategy

Graduate Degrees:
MBA
MBA in Advanced AI
MBA in E-Commerce
MBA in Hyperconnectivity
MBA in Sustainability
MBA in World Business

Undergraduate Degrees:
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
BBA in 360° Marketing
BBA in AI and Automation
BBA in Building a Tech Startup
BBA in Business Analytics
BBA in Business in Emerging Markets
BBA in Digital Transformation
BBA in E-Commerce
BBA in Product Management
Associate of Applied Science in Business (AAS)

Why Nexford:

Gain practical skills you can apply immediately at work
100% online, affordable American degree, certificates & MBA programs
Designed for busy professionals like you who need flexibility when studying
Programs start on the first of every month
The faster you finish your program, the less you pay.

Nexford University, licensed in Washington DC, is a next-generation university, committed to helping people across the world realize their academic, professional, and personal goals.
Nexford is only accredited by ASIC (Nationally Accredited). But if that somehow works for you then they do look to be pretty cheap. If Excelsior accepts their credits, it could be a way to get otherwise difficult-to-find credits for a RA degree at a relatively low cost.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Some of the certificates look very interesting. I don't mind that they're accreditation.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az
ASIC isn't a U.S. national accreditor though. Did you mistake that for ACICS, Rachel? By the way, ACICS just lost their accreditation powers in the States. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/educa...510216002/

ASIC accreditation is associated with the UK border agency inspections. Nexford is actually seeking real national accreditation (DEAC) in the U.S. The proper term is institutional accreditation, as the U.S. is moving away from the national vs. regional model. However, the institutional accreditation has not been awarded at this point in time. https://www.deac.org/Public-Notices/Inst...dered.aspx

Wikipedia isn't a serious source, but in this case it is correct: "Qualifications attained in ASIC accreditated schools therefore have no value in respect to UK government recognition. ASIC is an independent company with no formal recognition to accredit or inspect international schools on behalf of the UK government, obtaining an ASIC approved qualification or certificate from one of these international institutions therefore holds no formal recognition in the UK."

Here are the U.S Institutional Accrediting Agencies:
https://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred...n_pg6.html
[-] The following 2 users Like openair's post:
  • eLearner, jsd
There are many state authorized schools that have international accreditation through ASIC UK, I usually don't recommend anything lesser than NA at the least, I recommend RA instead. For the cost, energy, time you put into the Nationally Accredited degree - you can get a similarly priced one for much more ROI/Value. The only reason I would recommend a NA degree is when it's at the Doctorate level OR in a degree field/vertical that isn't available online/elsewhere for cheap.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-03-2021, 05:49 PM)openair Wrote: ASIC isn't a U.S. national accreditor though. Did you mistake that for ACICS, Rachel? By the way, ACICS just lost their accreditation powers in the States. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/educa...510216002/

ASIC accreditation is associated with the UK border agency inspections. Nexford is actually seeking real national accreditation (DEAC) in the U.S. The proper term is institutional accreditation, as the U.S. is moving away from the national vs. regional model. However, the institutional accreditation has not been awarded at this point in time. https://www.deac.org/Public-Notices/Inst...dered.aspx

You're right, I did get it confused with ACICS! So it's technically not even accredited at all. I do hope that Nexford is able to get DEAC accreditation, then. They do look to have some interesting offerings.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Ahhhh, a one-post banning for rien05. Unsolicited spam advertising is a tough business.
What does this even mean: an American licensed online university?
(06-06-2021, 11:54 AM)ss20ts Wrote: What does this even mean: an American licensed online university?

It means they have a license from a US State (or DC, as in this case) to operate as a university, i.e. enrol students, teach and award degrees which may not have mainstream standing, i.e. USDoE and/or CHEA-recognized accreditation. I don't think the words "online" or "university" require further elaboration.

ASIC is meaningless in terms of US accreditation - neither RA nor NA. And yes, Rachel83az got it right, as always - in this case it is ASIC, not ACICS.

I checked and yes, Nexford is on the "institutions to be considered list" at DEAC. If they make it, they will be the first ASIC accredited school to do so, as no US school has yet succeeded in going from ASIC to US NA or RA accreditation. 

I hope they make it. We'll see.
(06-06-2021, 12:11 PM)Johann Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 11:54 AM)ss20ts Wrote: What does this even mean: an American licensed online university?

It means they have a license from a US State (or DC, as in this case) to operate as a university, i.e. enrol students, teach and award degrees which may not have mainstream standing, i.e. USDoE and/or CHEA-recognized accreditation. I don't think the words "online" or "university" require further elaboration.

The point was no one speaks like that. Not one school I've ever attended claimed to a licensed university. They speak about their accreditations not licenses. They're not an American anything. Even NA isn't American Accreditation. In most states, colleges have to be licensed to operate in the state, but no one talks about it because that's not what's really important. they wouldn't exist without a license, but that license is meaningless in a business program where you're looking for AACSB or ACBSP. Same with other degrees.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 230 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,624 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,566 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,942 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 605 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,246 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 353 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 483 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,495 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff