Poll: Have you taken a CLEP exam using online proctoring?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I have.
38.83%
40 38.83%
No, I have not.
61.17%
63 61.17%
Total 103 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Have you used online proctoring for CLEP?
jch Wrote:Initially, I avoided CLEP remote proctoring due to the reported issues. Recently, though, I decided to give it a shot when I couldn't get to my local testing center at my desired time. My two remote sessions so far have gone well, with no notable issues or interruptions. Modern States has already processed one of the proctoring reimbursement requests.

That's awesome! I am just cautious as that provider has a bad track record and security or data breaches... I don't think the system they use is all that bad, in terms of technology... each proctoring provider has their ups/downs, it's not their service I am worried about, it's the data that they can get and also your personal details that prospective hackers may get their hands on... I might try them though on an older laptop that doesn't have any important files...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I took 4 CLEP's with proctortrack last year. And 3 at a testing center. 

the experience wasn't horrible on proctortrack, but it could be improved. 

1) the exit test button should be removed as I had trouble with it also (thank God I had a semi-attentive proctor that time)
2) once the proctor tried to help me end the test thinking that I was done when I still had half the test left. I never said anything to him about ending the test.

Overall it's wasn't too bad in my experience.

i would recommend it to anyone who wants to take a CLEP test because it was very convenient to be able to take the test at home as compared to driving to and from a test.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I just took a proctored exam and it was an easy experience. Just follow what the proctor says and click continue at the end of your test to actually get to your scores, do not click out right away. I did not have any technical issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes blisstic's post:
  • virino
(12-12-2021, 01:11 PM)jch Wrote: Initially, I avoided CLEP remote proctoring due to the reported issues. Recently, though, I decided to give it a shot when I couldn't get to my local testing center at my desired time. My two remote sessions so far have gone well, with no notable issues or interruptions. Modern States has already processed one of the proctoring reimbursement requests.

Nice! ?

(02-09-2022, 10:41 AM)judahhasthebeats Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 01:11 PM)jch Wrote: Initially, I avoided CLEP remote proctoring due to the reported issues. Recently, though, I decided to give it a shot when I couldn't get to my local testing center at my desired time. My two remote sessions so far have gone well, with no notable issues or interruptions. Modern States has already processed one of the proctoring reimbursement requests.

Nice!
(06-28-2021, 07:55 AM)sgloer Wrote: If you haven't heard yet, the CollegeBoard is now offering the option to take your CLEP exam at home using the Proctortrack online proctoring service.

Have you taken a CLEP exam using Proctortrack? If so, how was your experience? Be sure to respond to the poll at the top of this page!

For more information on taking your CLEP with Proctortrack, check out our article on it:
How to Take Your CLEP Exam Online

I used it for the first time yesterday and it was okay once everything got set up, but definitely not as easy as just waltzing into a local test center. It's still a viable option and thankfully, saved on gas. 

Here's how it worked:
1. I selected the option in the checkout with College Board
2. I was sent info for the Proctortrack registration and "verification" which took my facial photo and a pic of my ID.
3. Once approved, I was allowed to schedule on the Proctortrack site. You have to download 2 pieces of software (Chrome and the testing program) before or on the day.
4. The day of, I couldn't do anything until the exact time. I get on and you go agree to all the things - no food, no paper, etc. etc. - and then download an additional piece of software which will connect you to your proctor. 

^^ I got stuck here because I was using my son's Windows machine on my own login, and he didn't have microphone or camera turned on. So I had to quickly fix that before I could finish my day-of setup. But after that it just took forever with the proctor asking me to agree to things, telling me about exiting the test, having me scan my room and desk, etc. I finally started around 15 after my scheduled time.

I scored a 69, fwiw!

BA: Psychology - UMPI (in progress)
CLEP: English Comp (69), French I/II (70), Intro to Psych (68) World History I (67), Info Sys (69), World History II (59), Biology (TBD), Soc (TBD)
Transfer: Ethics, 2X PHIL, 3X POLI SCI, 2X HIS, 1X ART HIS, SPANISH I, PSYCH ELE, 3X ADV FRENCH
Future Goal: MA in Psych

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 461 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 758 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 486 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 633 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 405 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 445 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,975 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 934 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 550 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM