Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headed to Afghanistan
First let me personally thank you for your service to our country. Second, please be aware that many of us pray for your safe return each and every day. God Bless.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
[SIZE="7"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Good Luck
&
God Bless!![/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Thanks everyone,

Just a quick update, I'm still lurking around. I just found out that I fly out of the U.S. at 1545 (3:45 PM) on 10 April. So two more full days to lurk here on the forums, be with family and 48 hours worth of grilling.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
You're in our thoughts and prayers!
Thank you for your service to our fine country.
May God bless...
God bless! Keep us updated!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Quick update, We took off from FT Hood and landed in Bangor, Maine (two hour layover). Flew from Maine to Lipzieg, Germany (two hour layover), bought a German Schnitzel or Bratwurst, then we flew to Manas International Airport in Manas, Kyrgyzstan (still trying to locate it on the map). I guess I'll be here for a couple of days and then fly into Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan.
So far so good, haven't got shot at yet. Talk to you guys later.

PS, internet sucks here by the way, but can't complain.

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thanks for the update!
Stay safe my man!
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Stay safe keep in touch and BE CAREFUL over there.
Thank you for your service we will keep you in our prayers.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Well I finally made it to Afghanistan. I've been here 4 days and I finally got a chance to get online. So far so good 361 days to go to get out of here. I already started my countdown clock. Smile
Sure enough, they have a monopoly on internet service over here. A company called IO Global. $35 for basic slow (dialup slow), service that is only good for email and chat. $70 for a little faster that might be good for skype and yahoo messenger. Then $100 for the slightly faster service that is actually dependable. Video skype and yahoo are no problem with that one. My roommate and I got the $100 package and we split the cost. They make it so every individual person has to pay for internet service and wont be able to split the cost. They try to lock it down to get more money. Good thing my roommate is a computer genius and we made our signal wireless so we can both access it anytime. :coolgleam:
Well, that's my internet war story anyways.

Oh hey, I will not mind at all if any of you want to send me a care package. :roflol: We take anything and everything. I usually split my stuff with my lower ranking Soldiers to make sure they are getting something from home.
Just send me a PM.

On a sad note, my first day at work yesterday and we had a suicide bomber kill 5 US Military, 5 Civilians and wounded lots of others in a nearby province. That is a crappy way to start a tour. Lets keep our guys doing the actual fighting in our prayers.
Talk to you guys later,

CLEPs Passed
DSSTs Passed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are we still in Afghanistan? CLEP101 23 3,221 05-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Instantcert in Afghanistan CLEP101 14 2,767 07-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Last Post: 1Quik46