Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up: Residency Waiver Fees MAY go up July 1st
(05-22-2020, 12:14 PM)akr680 Wrote: With residency waiver fees (2800$+), we can do a full semester at WGU

Not if you're outside of the US. Which is more than a bit annoying.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • akr680, ARhead
There's a considerable danger in assuming that public institutions make policy changes as if they were proprietary institutions. They have constraints and stakeholders that probably defy common sense.

As for the "the 114 all ACE allowed business", such students are not a majority at Charter Oak, and I'd be surprised were they a majority at TESU.

That said, as someone who still has a few kids to go to make it through the Big Three, I completely understand the feeling that people here have about these sorts of changes.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.qkme.me%2F3vg8xt.jpg&f=1&nofb=1]
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • Clepper43, withrown
Looks like going for the flat-rate tuition plan is going to be the only sensible option at TESU.
(05-22-2020, 01:28 PM)innen_oda Wrote: Looks like going for the flat-rate tuition plan is going to be the only sensible option at TESU.

there's no way I'd be able to do 10 credits in a semester            
that's at least 4 courses (or 3 if you can get a 4 credit course in there)         

I'm sure other people are more disciplined than I am            
but after working a full day I don't want to spend all evening and all weekend studying           

and flat rate is still pretty expensive              
https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition            
its still almost 5k per term for out of state residents
(05-22-2020, 02:40 PM)bluebooger Wrote: and flat rate is still pretty expensive              
https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition            
its still almost 5k per term for out of state residents
It's not cheap, but if the residency waiver shoots up, that cost, plus the cost of SOS-110, makes the flat-rate comparable.
Not to mention that you're then also getting a collection of RA credits as well, that you won't have to pay for elsewhere. (Not trying to sound positive. Just finding the better of two not-great options.)

We'll have to wait and see what sort of increase TESU is going to implement. Increasing it by 200$ vs 1000$ will make a difference. And if it's more than that, it might take TESU out of the 'cost-effective option' field altogether.
(05-22-2020, 01:20 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: There's a considerable danger in assuming that public institutions make policy changes as if they were proprietary institutions. They have constraints and stakeholders that probably defy common sense.

As for the "the 114 all ACE allowed business", such students are not a majority at Charter Oak, and I'd be surprised were they a majority at TESU.

That said, as someone who still has a few kids to go to make it through the Big Three, I completely understand the feeling that people here have about these sorts of changes.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.qkme.me%2F3vg8xt.jpg&f=1&nofb=1]
I agree with this. Based on the introduction posts in the TESU classes I took it seemed like most of the people in there were taking multiple classes from TESU.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
Who was their main competitor?
Yeah 5k is expensive but if you get grants and aid that makes it a cheaper option than paying the waiver. The way the pell grant works is you get more money the more courses you take. Plus if you are lucky enough to get scholarships or your job to pays for classes; but those things might not be able to be used for the wavier. And with taking enough credits at TESU you'd eligible for scholarships through TESU. And if you happen to live in NJ and get aid then it really makes sense to do 16 cost wise.

TESU said aid can't be used on the waiver. Even 16 credits over multiple terms would save money if you get enough aid. But it all depends because some people value speed and ease over saving money.
Am I reading this correctly? You need to pay the residency waiver & graduation fee out of pocket? Or can a federal student loan be used?
BABA, New England College, 2019
(05-22-2020, 04:28 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Am I reading this correctly? You need to pay the residency waiver & graduation fee out of pocket? Or can a federal student loan be used?

I'm not sure about loans. But I'm pretty sure I saw a post on these forums (I literally just saw it) that aid can't be used towards the waiver. I am not sure if that includes loans. Someone link that post if you find. I believe it is super recent. Also correct me if I'm wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,050 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,384 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver jch 23 1,574 11-29-2023, 10:30 PM
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,131 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Residency Waiver cost BigJohn1975 2 620 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU residency waiver dbrown2258 22 1,781 09-17-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,092 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 715 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Paying Residency Waiver awildefish 17 1,492 05-06-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Residency requirement for 2nd TESU degree TopHatWombat 7 704 05-04-2023, 04:52 AM
Last Post: LevelUP