Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA
(05-13-2022, 05:48 PM)Flelm Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 05:26 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 09:58 AM)Flelm Wrote: I'm sorry to pick on you, but this is a refrain I hear over and over again on this board, from many people, for many different programs. People can absolutely complain and criticize for whatever reason they want. The only way to have real feedback and discourse is to allow criticism. By dismissing valid criticism out of hand just because "They're cheap and small, what do you expect" we're doing a disservice to new people that want to hear all sides of an issue.

You'd be hard pressed to find any university that doesn't have some problem. None are perfect. You have to find whatever works best for you. Transferring is extremely common because we don't know how well of a fit a school or program will be until we're actually taking classes. And yes with inexpensive and small schools you do need to have a great deal of patients and resourcefulness. You need those two attributes in life and work as well.
I think I'm being misunderstood. I'll try to clarify once more.

The specific attitude I'm talking about is "of course ABC program is xyz because of this or that, if you don't like it you don't have to apply/attend/talk about it." I think that specific attitude (which I've mostly seen with ENEB, not to redirect) is what I have a problem with. I feel like valid criticisms are dismissed by zealots as "well if you're not 100% on board it's not for you, so shut up about it."

Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm seeing something that's not there, but that's just my 2 cents.

I think you are correct. The whole point of the board is to evaluate costs and opportunities - more often than not as they relate to board users' career goals. If we can ask questions and critically evaluate potential strengths and weaknesses, it will help forum users find the right fit for their goals. 
If we just shut down and don't talk about it, we're potentially missing opportunities (or pitfalls.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Vle045
anyone can give me Dean's email address to ask them something quick? Thanks.
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(06-22-2022, 09:23 AM)TINASAM Wrote: anyone can give me Dean's email address to ask them something quick? Thanks.

mmartin@hauniv.edu

Just sharing the email i recently got as a brand new alumni of HAU.

There are some benefits that people may not be aware of and this may help folks as they consider HAU

Dear Graduate,

Congratulations on completing your degree at Hellenic American University?! Looking back, I am sure you feel it was all worth it. ?

As an alumnus/a of Hellenic American University, we would like to welcome you to the Hellenic American University Alumni Association!

One important thing you need to remember is that your University email account remains unchanged and active for life. As Alumni Affairs Coordinator, I encourage you to keep following it to receive valuable news and tips from the University.

Although a big part of university life ends upon graduation, you can keep in touch with former classmates and take part in the life of the college community through the activities of the Hellenic American University Alumni Association. Membership to the Alumni Association provides you with a lifelong connection to Hellenic American University. You’ll have the chance to exchange ideas and share experiences with other alumni, make contacts that will help you professionally, and participate in special activities and events.

Services for Alumni

As a Hellenic American University alumni/ae you benefit from services such as:

· Free access to the services of the Career Development Office (career counseling, effective job search, résumé writing, and interviews)

· Cover letter review and editing by the Writing Center

· Discount on the Writing Center’s editing fees and free writing workshops

· Lifelong borrowing privileges for the Library

· Access to the Library’s periodicals, databases, and digital books

· Services offered by the Counseling Center

· Discounts on tuition fees for lifelong learning seminars and degree programs

· Discounts on continuing professional education courses

Alumni Portal

Through the Hellenic American University Alumni Portal, graduates can access alumni news, photos, newsletters, job postings and other alumni-related documents and information. The alumni portal is accessible to University alumni only at https://mailhauedu.sharepoint.com/alumni/ using the credentials of your Hellenic American University email account.

Finally, the Alumni Association is a way to help advance the University through your ideas and suggestions for improving its programs and services. I will be frequently reaching out to you asking for your input on topics of interest and welcome everybody’s suggestions.

Hellenic American University Alumni Association’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/haunivalumniassociation

For any further information, please contact me at alumniaffairs@hauniv.edu .

???? ?????????!

Best regards,
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 5 users Like cerich67's post:
  • carrythenothing, Darknigh7, rachel83az, TINASAM, Vle045
I finished the capstone and two courses. I am done with my degree, I must say the capstone was not as easy as it looked. I had a total of 27 pages plus an IRB application done. In 7-weeks that took a lot of time in addition to the other two courses I took.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 8 users Like newdegree's post:
  • allvia, ashkir, bmac66, carrythenothing, cerich67, DeanLewis, jch, lidel
(07-28-2022, 03:25 PM)newdegree Wrote: I finished the capstone and two courses. I am done with my degree, I must say the capstone was not as easy as it looked. I had a total of 27 pages plus an IRB application done. In 7-weeks that took a lot of time in addition to the other two courses I took.

Congrats classmate! Proud of you. Yeah my "end it with a bang" of Capstone, last half of two courses from Athens campus and a 7 week course from Nashua was a bit much...The bang at one point was my head wanting to explode. But, we finished brother!

It's truly a spectacular value for the degree, but also for the learning.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 2 users Like cerich67's post:
  • bmac66, origamishuttle
Awesome work!  Congrats to finishing the degree!  I keep forgetting what an IRB is as I keep thinking that is IRS for some reason... and no, I did not evade on my taxes or anything *LOL*.  OK, I knew I asked about that before and it was answered here... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Management?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-28-2022, 05:10 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 03:25 PM)newdegree Wrote: I finished the capstone and two courses. I am done with my degree, I must say the capstone was not as easy as it looked. I had a total of 27 pages plus an IRB application done. In 7-weeks that took a lot of time in addition to the other two courses I took.

Congrats classmate! Proud of you. Yeah my "end it with a bang" of Capstone, last half of two courses from Athens campus and a 7 week course from Nashua was a bit much...The bang at one point was my head wanting to explode. But, we finished brother!

It's truly a spectacular value for the degree, but also for the learning.

The degree is a great value which you will learn in small class settings from 2-10 students max. Students are from all over the United States, Greece, and sometimes other countries. Professors are very knowledgeable some of them even having Doctorates or PhDs. I think it was worth my time doing the degree even if I did it as an extra degree, I learned a lot about business I never knew.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 3 users Like newdegree's post:
  • cerich67, jch, origamishuttle
I I’m curious as to why I can’t seem to find a ranking on this university? I can’t find it on edu rank. Or anywhere else that I’ve looked . You would think where it’s a non profit  RA it should have some ranking.
(08-06-2022, 01:29 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I I’m curious as to why I can’t seem to find a ranking on this university? I can’t find it on edu rank. Or anywhere else that I’ve looked . You would think where it’s a non profit  RA it should have some ranking.

It's a really small school - less than 500 total students in both undergrad and postgrad. Many of the websites and periodicals that have rankings are questionable. Some schools pay to be included on different lists. To me a school that's low key is a good thing - no drama.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • cerich67, jch
(08-06-2022, 01:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 01:29 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I I’m curious as to why I can’t seem to find a ranking on this university? I can’t find it on edu rank. Or anywhere else that I’ve looked . You would think where it’s a non profit  RA it should have some ranking.

It's a really small school - less than 500 total students in both undergrad and postgrad. Many of the websites and periodicals that have rankings are questionable. Some schools pay to be included on different lists. To me a school that's low key is a good thing - no drama.

of which the VAST majority are actually attending the Athens Campus, so that isn't going to even be ranked for the states.. because not in.

Thanks Degreeforum!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 246 Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,074 03-27-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 278 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,460 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 1,916 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,619 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 548 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,363 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,317 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000