Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help !!!!!!
TESC said the Counseling DSST will not be transcribed as PSY331. Does any one have any ideas? Has any got this DSST to transcribe as 331 recently? Any support on this matter would be great.

I was told on the phone that I could email Mrs. Abuwi and ask her why others have got the course transcribed differently...but I dont know who has got it done.

This is the last hurdle I need crossed for my BALS and I do not know what to do.
cleptester Wrote:TESC said the Counseling DSST will not be transcribed as PSY331. Does any one have any ideas? Has any got this DSST to transcribe as 331 recently? Any support on this matter would be great.

I was told on the phone that I could email Mrs. Abuwi and ask her why others have got the course transcribed differently...but I dont know who has got it done.

This is the last hurdle I need crossed for my BALS and I do not know what to do.

That's a free elective, did someone tell you differently? I would "guess" that someone with a psych major might get it transcribed "in major" but that's only a guess.
Here is a link to the college catalog http://www.tesc.edu/files/Catalog2011.12.pdf

EDIT: ignore this, the catalog needs updating!!
cleptester Wrote:TESC said the Counseling DSST will not be transcribed as PSY331. Does any one have any ideas? Has any got this DSST to transcribe as 331 recently? Any support on this matter would be great.

I'm sorry to ask this stupid question but you are an enrolled student?

Did you call the registrars office and speak to an evaluator? That's where I would start and if they give you the wrong answer than call Abuwi.

I have taken it and would be more than happy to email you that part of my evaluation. It's been many on this board and tesc board who had the dsst exam transcribed as PSY331.

Edit: I see this was already answered on the other thread. And it was confirmed that this course does transcribe as PSY331.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Currently I am a "military Student" and have paid the 75$ but want to move to a in state student and pay the 1500. Not sure how to do this conversion but was waiting to make sure I have meet all the requirements.

I spoke with an academic advisor this morning and she told me that Abuwi stated the DSST does not meet all the requirements of the PSY331 course and will not get transcribed as it.
I have attached my "latest" evaluation

Attached Files
.doc   Less than 1 minute ago">BALS eval.doc (Size: 37 KB / Downloads: 18)
I don't know what a military student means. The $75 is an application fee. When enrolled you have paid the annual tuition of which you are referencing the $1500 in state fee.

I have no idea if this can be addressed when you are not a student. Does being in the military give you some type of advance matriculation status? If so, call the registrars office and ask to speak to an evaluator (not advising). Let them know the course was added incorrectly. AJ was also a liberal arts major and had it transferred correctly. The degree program has not had an effect on anyone getting this applied any differently. Again call the registrars office. good luck!!

If they give you a problem, when you are enrolled you can appeal a decision.

This is from my evaluation.

2 PSY-331 Introduction to Counselin 3.00 CR PSY-331 *NE

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Are you in the military program where you have to take at least 18 credits of TESC courses?

The Fundamentals of Counseling DSST is considered a social science course whether it's COU 262 or PSY 331. Advisement goes by the catalog which says it's COU 262, but the evaluators at the registrar will transcribe it as PSY 331. Talk to registrar instead of advisement.
The above is a spammer. Please acknowledge
Goal - BA Mathematics Major at TESC
Plan: International AP Calculus Teacher

COMPLETED: [B]123/B]
B&M (Philosophy, Psychology, Calculus I/II, Physics I/II, Discrete Structures I/II, Comp Sci, Astronomy, Ethics)*42 credits
Athabasca (Nutrition, Globalization)*6 credits
ALEKS (Stats, Precalculus)*6 credits
CLEPS (College Math 73, A&I Lit 73, French 63, Social Sciences and History 59, American Lit 57, English Lit 59)*42 credits
TECEP (English Composition I, II)*6 credits
TESC Courses (MAT 270 Discrete Math A, MAT 321 Linear Algebra B, MAT 331 Calculus III B+, MAT 332 Calculus IV B-,
MAT 361 College Geometry B+, MAT 401 Mathematical Logic B, LIB-495 Capstone B)*21 credits
DSST (MIS, Intro to Computing)*6 credits*(not using)
There was this post:
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...post111290