Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help/Advice: Associates Degree
If you still have a Sophia.org membership, I highly recommend taking a few more courses. The CADC counseling certification requires an associates, but it's best to have some more courses that deal with behavior. You may want to add Intro to Sociology to the CJ and Psych courses you currently have, in addition, if you have time, take the Public Speaking course as well.

You will be dealing with the public in any of those fields, CJ, Psych, Sociology, etc... Further to that, you may want to map out a BAS or BLS at UMPI and take more Sophia.org courses towards that goal while you're waiting, thus being more proactive/productive instead of just "waiting"... As mentioned, send in everything to Pierpont first, then work on the above!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Lt_criley
(01-19-2022, 12:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If you still have a Sophia.org membership, I highly recommend taking a few more courses.  The CADC counseling certification requires an associates, but it's best to have some more courses that deal with behavior.  You may want to add Intro to Sociology to the CJ and Psych courses you currently have, in addition, if you have time, take the Public Speaking course as well.  

You will be dealing with the public in any of those fields, CJ, Psych, Sociology, etc... Further to that, you may want to map out a BAS or BLS at UMPI and take more Sophia.org courses towards that goal while you're waiting, thus being more proactive/productive instead of just "waiting"...  As mentioned, send in everything to Pierpont first, then work on the above!

I understand how it may look but I'm actually already working in the field finishing my clinical supervision hours. The only missing piece for me is having the Associates Degree and that's what I'm working on now. Once completed I will still be working with the same employer (been here for 20 years now) I just need to degree and license to promote to my next position.
(01-18-2022, 05:47 PM)Lt_criley Wrote: I've been lurking on this board for a long time and recently decided to jump back into my education. I need an associates degree for work to further my career. I've applied for the BOG program through Pierpont and am waiting to be accepted. I currently have 15 hours through my local community college and another 48 from Sophia. I've followed the wiki guide that I found in here to make sure I took the right classes from there. My concern is that I've read that it can take Pierpont a while to process everything. Is there anywhere that this can be done quicker? I don't mind paying for the degree I just need to get it as soon as possible.

I understand your desire to get your degree as quickly as possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 583 Today, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,155 Today, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,897 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 200 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 193 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,103 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 1,968 04-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: allvia
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 388 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,291 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 170 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM