Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help...Employer says I must have a degree completed by 8/15
ajsteven5 Wrote:Thanks for reminding me!

You are welcome. Always make sure it is listed on there not pending.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Any updates on your employer? I've never heard of hiring someone and then telling them they are fired because they don't have a degree.
From a degree standpoint - why TESC? From my vantage point wouldn't the BSLS from Excelsior be cheaper and faster???

Shawn
How's this going?
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and a compass and never knows where he may cast" - Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

"The shortest distance between two points is usually under repair." - Anonymous

[SIZE="1"]CLEP/DSST/ACE credits (39), Total costs $1,383
Principles of Management (71), Principles of Supervision (446), Principles of Marketing (76), Management Information Systems (466), Human Resources Management (67), Intro to Computing (465), Environment & Humanity (69), Technical Writing (65), Intro to Business Law (75), Business Law II (80), Principles of Microeconomics (70), American Government (69), Straighterline Accounting II (90%)

[/SIZE]
It is coming along but will be close. I will post my academic evaluation once my adviser is finished reviewing the course descriptions for several classes that I hope will be moved from free elective to the liberal arts part of the degree. I was a permanent math sub for a year so the ALEKS math classes were a great option for quick cheap credit. The Pre-Calc class gave me a bit of trouble but overall a great experience.

Completed
Straighterline Eng Comp II
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS Pre-Calc
ALEKS Intro to Stats

Currently working on
Straighterline Introduction to Psychology
Straighterline Business Communication

Tests next week
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
CLEP Social Sciences and History
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling
DSST Organizational Behavior
pixaloop Wrote:That's the first thing I thought. An obstacle for weeding people out. Sounds like you'll have another obstacle in front of you from this boss after you get your degree.

In no way would that happen in my field. Experience still appears to be king in the IT field I'm in.
Yes. If you look at job advertisements, they like to list a degree as a requirement, but only about 20% of IT workers actually have a degree.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and a compass and never knows where he may cast" - Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

"The shortest distance between two points is usually under repair." - Anonymous

[SIZE="1"]CLEP/DSST/ACE credits (39), Total costs $1,383
Principles of Management (71), Principles of Supervision (446), Principles of Marketing (76), Management Information Systems (466), Human Resources Management (67), Intro to Computing (465), Environment & Humanity (69), Technical Writing (65), Intro to Business Law (75), Business Law II (80), Principles of Microeconomics (70), American Government (69), Straighterline Accounting II (90%)

[/SIZE]
AJ,

Look at DSST Substance Abuse, it is an upper level test and not to difficult.

ajsteven5 Wrote:It is coming along but will be close. I will post my academic evaluation once my adviser is finished reviewing the course descriptions for several classes that I hope will be moved from free elective to the liberal arts part of the degree. I was a permanent math sub for a year so the ALEKS math classes were a great option for quick cheap credit. The Pre-Calc class gave me a bit of trouble but overall a great experience.

Completed
Straighterline Eng Comp II
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS Pre-Calc
ALEKS Intro to Stats

Currently working on
Straighterline Introduction to Psychology
Straighterline Business Communication

Tests next week
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
CLEP Social Sciences and History
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling
DSST Organizational Behavior
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
I took 3 CLEP exams today and earned 18 credits. I decided to give the Humanities exam a shot after doing well on the first two. It was very exciting to get the scores!

Humanities - 55
Social Science & History - 63
A&I Literature - 64

Several Dantes exams on Thursday & Friday and I should be done.
ajsteven5 Wrote:I took 3 CLEP exams today and earned 18 credits. I decided to give the Humanities exam a shot after doing well on the first two. It was very exciting to get the scores!

Humanities - 55
A&I Literature - 64

Sweet!! [SIZE="5"]Congratulations[/SIZE]. That's the way to get it done. Keep up the good work.
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
ajsteven5 Wrote:I took 3 CLEP exams today and earned 18 credits. I decided to give the Humanities exam a shot after doing well on the first two. It was very exciting to get the scores!

Humanities - 55
A&I Literature - 64

Wow great scores. 18 credits in one day. Excellent.

How are you doing on upper level credits for your area of study?

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,224 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,869 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,354 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,681 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,888 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,783 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,023 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,332 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,694 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero