Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help I'm trying to help my cousin
Photo 
My cousins has the following classes. There are 4 attachments. He's trying to take any degree that will give him the most credits to transfer to TESU for the least amount of money.  PLEASE let me know.

Rhonda

.png   Transcript11.png (Size: 484.46 KB / Downloads: 22)

.png   Transcript21.png (Size: 423.7 KB / Downloads: 16)

.png   Transcript31.png (Size: 31.08 KB / Downloads: 16)

.png   Transcript12.png (Size: 490.56 KB / Downloads: 15)
Began Aug 2014
You need to say where the courses were taken for one school (RA or NA, semester- or quarter-based).

You also need to post the transcript for Newbury College itself, so we can see what the actual courses were (instead of what they transferred in as). It makes a difference for the PoliSci course for certain.

Also, would your cousin be amenable to COSC?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I did 2 spreadsheets - 1 for COSC, with BS in LS, and 1 for TESU with BALS.

COSC needs more courses (11 including Cornerstone & Capstone), but the cost is $3700 if he can finish in 1 term (I think the cornerstone and capstone are 8 weeks each, and he can take them in a single term).

TESU needs fewer courses (8 including Cornerstone & Capstone), but the cost is $5400.

I would probably go for COSC, since I'm cheap.

Also, for COSC, I used Study.com courses, including ones that look LL but come in as UL.  I used their transfer guide.  But you can use different courses if you want - I just kind of threw some stuff together to make a CJ/Psych concentration, which kind of goes together (and he's already taken CJ and Psych courses).

COSC's plan is kind of funky - you can use a course to fulfill multiple requirements - so there's a checkbox area, and you'll see things twice (although credit for a course only counts once).

Attached Files
.pdf   geissingert TESU BALS.pdf (Size: 64.54 KB / Downloads: 5)
.pdf   geissingert COSC BSLS.pdf (Size: 103.91 KB / Downloads: 7)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • hsfamfun, posabsolute
(04-22-2019, 12:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote: COSC needs more courses (11 including Cornerstone & Capstone), but the cost is $3700 if he can finish in 1 term (I think the cornerstone and capstone are 8 weeks each, and he can take them in a single term).

Just to add something that I learned getting my degree at COSC. For the Liberal Studies and Individualized Studies majors, the Capstone course is split into 2 courses that take 15 weeks (A 5-week course and a 10-week course) to complete and neither can be taken in the same session as the Cornerstone class. I do not think it is possible to do either of these majors in a single term if you have to do all 3 courses. All the other majors do have an 8-week capstone though I believe.
He’s a resident  of Connecticut. What about liberal Arts geared towards computers or criminal?
Began Aug 2014
He’s a resident  of Connecticut. What about liberal Arts geared towards computers or criminal?
Began Aug 2014

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure if I can re-post, but need guidance for my cousin. geissingert 2 735 03-31-2015, 12:48 AM
Last Post: geissingert