Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help TESU BSBA
Hello everyone, while I wish I would have gotten this done while it was simpler, that wasn’t in the cards. That being said, I'm sorry for the long post but,
I need some help figuring out what I need to do
next.

I have 67 Credit hour’s on my TESU BSBA-HR Evaluation.
I am a current student on the 2017 catalog.
I am under the Military degree completion plan, but I suck at TECEPS and writing, 
so I may just pay the waiver.
60 of my credits are from Alternative Sources (study.com, Straighterline, Aleks etc.
so that leaves 30 NON-RA credits that can be done.

I just completed Visual Communications and Earth Science at Sophia, not sure where they will be placed, but they are done and will hopefully fill 2 of the slots bellow.
So now I have 24 Non-RA credits I can do.
That’s 8, 3credit classes. 

——-What I need…..

General Education I need
-1 Credit Natural world (1sh)
-2 Human cultures classes (6sh)
-5 Gen Ed elective classes (15 SH)

Business Core classes I need:
-Principles of Finance
-Marketing 
-Business/ Society
-Macroeconomics
-Microeconomics
-Capstone*

HR/Org management classes
I have:
-Human Resource Management MAN 331
-Organizational Behavior MAN-311
-Labor Rel. & Coll. Bargaining LAS-321
 * Can my Man373 Managerial Communications (MAN 373) 
be moved to my AOS? And if so what would I put in business comm?

HR/Org classes I need:
-Org Theory, I am taking this at a local school but it will be LL
-2 HR/OM electives.
Does the Capstone count as UL? 
If not and I can’t move MAN373 then one of the electives will need to be UL. Huh
I keep thinking I should switch to UMPI, but it seems like I'm too deep in this to switch, and it would just take longer.
You might want to check out a what-if for the brand new catalog/plan. It might give you slightly more electives to play around with so that you have more leeway as far as RA credits you can bring in. IIRC, 2017 doesn't have the cornerstone so you would have to do that if you switched catalogs. But it might be worth it.

Yes, the capstone counts as an UL course.

Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap for suggestions. In the business core, take LL SDC courses whenever possible. The LL courses for business don't have papers, only the exams. The business core courses don't count toward the UL requirement, only the courses in the AOS (including the capstone) count.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Visual Comm comes in as a COM course and will fill a slot in Human Cultures; Earth Science will come in under Natural World.

I don't think you can use Managerial Comm in the AoS, so leave it in the core. You just need Org Theory, and then 1 UL and 1 LL course; here are the options:
BUS 323: Organizational Theory (you can take this as an UL course as well as the LL one you're bringing in)
BUS 106: Human Resource Management (you can take this as a LL course as well as the UL one you're bringing in)
BUS 311: Project Management
BUS 319: Negotiations & Conflict Management
probably more, but those are for sure what should work at TESU (I'd check before taking them of course)

You need 4 UL AoS courses, and 2 that can be LL or UL, whichever you choose.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-28-2021, 01:10 PM)ECH90 Wrote: Hello everyone, while I wish I would have gotten this done while it was simpler, that wasn’t in the cards. That being said, I'm sorry for the long post but,
next.

I am under the Military degree completion plan, but I suck at TECEPS and writing, 
60 of my credits are from Alternative Sources (study.com, Straighterline, Aleks etc.

I just completed Visual Communications and Earth Science at Sophia, not sure where they will be placed, but they are done and will hopefully fill 2 of the slots bellow.

——-What I need…..

General Education I need

-Principles of Finance
-Marketing 
-Business/ Society
-Macroeconomics
-Microeconomics
-Capstone*

I have:

HR/Org classes I need:
-2 HR/OM electives.
If not and I can’t move MAN373 then one of the electives will need to be UL. Huh
I keep thinking I should switch to UMPI, but it seems like I'm too deep in this to switch, and it would just take longer.

If you don't enjoy or aren't good at writing then UMPI is not a better solution. Most of the classes - 75%+ - have a written Final Assessment. TECEPs are exams. The other 25%ish at UMPI are exams. You'd probably also have more courses to complete at UMPI.

Sophia has Environmental Science and Human Biology. I'm guessing you took Environmental Science not Earth Science. Do you still have a Sophia membership?

Capstone is UL and RA credit.

(07-28-2021, 01:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Visual Comm comes in as a COM course and will fill a slot in Human Cultures; Earth Science will come in under Natural World.

I don't think you can use Managerial Comm in the AoS, so leave it in the core.  You just need Org Theory, and then 1 UL and 1 LL course; here are the options:
BUS 323: Organizational Theory (you can take this as an UL course as well as the LL one you're bringing in)
BUS 106: Human Resource Management (you can take this as a LL course as well as the UL one you're bringing in)
probably more, but those are for sure what should work at TESU (I'd check before taking them of course)

Does Sophia's project management course transfer to TESU for this AOS? That was an easy class so it would be worth it to do that one.
(07-28-2021, 01:22 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You might want to check out a what-if for the brand new catalog/plan. It might give you slightly more electives to play around with so that you have more leeway as far as RA credits you can bring in. IIRC, 2017 doesn't have the cornerstone so you would have to do that if you switched catalogs. But it might be worth it.

Yes, the capstone counts as an UL course.

Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap for suggestions. In the business core, take LL SDC courses whenever possible. The LL courses for business don't have papers, only the exams. The business core courses don't count toward the UL requirement, only the courses in the AOS (including the capstone) count.
I had thought about that, but I don't want to Do the new corner stone, (I have the 1 credit one.)
And some of my AOS courses Come in at LL, but when I did them they were UL, so I don't want to mess with that.

(07-28-2021, 01:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Visual Comm comes in as a COM course and will fill a slot in Human Cultures; Earth Science will come in under Natural World.

I don't think you can use Managerial Comm in the AoS, so leave it in the core.  You just need Org Theory, and then 1 UL and 1 LL course; here are the options:

Thank you! Man I was hopeful that the COM class would work, it's in the options on their website as an HR Elective. Or that the Capstone would count as one of the 4 UL. I took Study.coms BUS106 HRM back when it came in at UL.
I was thinking that Palomars Organizational theory would be more do-able than Study.coms, but I may need to re-evaluate that. I will look at the others!

(07-28-2021, 02:27 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:10 PM)ECH90 Wrote: Hello everyone, while I wish I would have gotten this done while it was simpler, that wasn’t in the cards. That being said, I'm sorry for the long post but,
next.

——-What I need…..

General Education I need

-Principles of Finance
-Marketing 
-Business/ Society
-Macroeconomics
-Microeconomics
-Capstone*

I have:

HR/Org classes I need:
-2 HR/OM electives.

If you don't enjoy or aren't good at writing then UMPI is not a better solution. Most of the classes - 75%+ - have a written Final Assessment. TECEPs are exams. The other 25%ish at UMPI are exams. You'd probably also have more courses to complete at UMPI.

Sophia has Environmental Science and Human Biology. I'm guessing you took Environmental Science not Earth Science. Do you still have a Sophia membership?

Capstone is UL and RA credit.

Does Sophia's project management course transfer to TESU for this AOS? That was an easy class so it would be worth it to do that one.
Thank you, yes sorry, I meant Environmental Science. And that filled 3 credits in Natural world, but it requires 4 so I guess I need to take another science. ???‍♀️. I think project management would come in and then I would just need one UL to fill out my AOS. I know the capstone is UL, but am I correct that it doesn't count towards the 12 required UL?
ECH90, you just need to do the Capstone at TESU for $750, you can pay the residency waiver. I just want to review your academic evaluation, if you can copy/paste the information to a PDF and attach it, or even a screenshot would do, just remove your personal information. The "Other field" and the "Notes" at the bottom are what I am really looking for, but the entire evaluation would be very helpful as well. Again, you just need to take the Capstone, you don't need to take the cornerstone if you already have the 1 credit TES-100 course done earlier. This would be the recommendation - complete the rest of our requirements with CLEP, Sophia.org, and Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ECH90
You are right, Man373 Managerial Communications (MAN 373) can be used in the AoS, so you can just take Study.com's BUS 113: Business Communication for the core.

And you are right that you don't want to switch catalogs, that would be insanity.

The Capstone is UL but doesn't count towards the 12cr of UL needed in the AoS - the capstone is in the core. You're already ahead by only needing 15cr of UL overall, the BALS and every other degree requires 18cr of UL.

For science, you do need 1 more credit - so I'd just do a science or an easy computer science course.

If I were you, I would just go ahead and do the capstone and pay the waiver, you'll be fine. Some people are willing to pay for that in lieu of the TECEP's, I get it.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ECH90
(07-28-2021, 11:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You are right, Man373 Managerial Communications (MAN 373) can be used in the AoS, so you can just take Study.com's BUS 113: Business Communication for the core.

And you are right that you don't want to switch catalogs, that would be insanity.

The Capstone is UL but doesn't count towards the 12cr of UL needed in the AoS - the capstone is in the core.  You're already ahead by only needing 15cr of UL overall, the BALS and every other degree requires 18cr of UL.

For science, you do need 1 more credit - so I'd just do a science or an easy computer science course.

If I were you, I would just go ahead and do the capstone and pay the waiver, you'll be fine. Some people are willing to pay for that in lieu of the TECEP's, I get it.

I may try and take a TECEP again just to see if I can hack it. I just hate failing. Last time I failed an “easy” TECEP (English) and convinced myself I couldn't do any of this. I'm going to take a Writing class because it seems, I have lost all ability to write and I will need to be able to do that for the capstone at least. It will also get me some RA credits and maybe a BOG AAS....and  then I may see if I have what it takes. It would sure save some money. I wonder if I should attempt the CIS TECEP. That would help with the residency, keep me enrolled and handle that science credit I believe.

(07-28-2021, 05:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ECH90, you just need to do the Capstone at TESU for $750, you can pay the residency waiver.  I just want to review your academic evaluation, if you can copy/paste the information to a PDF and attach it, or even a screenshot would do, just remove your personal information.  The "Other field" and the "Notes" at the bottom are what I am really looking for, but the entire evaluation would be very helpful as well.   Again, you just need to take the Capstone, you don't need to take the cornerstone if you already have the 1 credit TES-100 course done earlier.  This would be the recommendation - complete the rest of our requirements with CLEP, Sophia.org, and Study.com

I will try. I swear that evaluation page exists only to vex me. I can't for the life of me, get it to where I don't have to scroll in every direction constantly just to see the information. Even printing one prints half the info.

(07-28-2021, 11:11 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You are right, Man373 Managerial Communications (MAN 373) can be used in the AoS, so you can just take Study.com's BUS 113: Business Communication for the core.

The Capstone is UL but doesn't count towards the 12cr of UL needed in the AoS - the capstone is in the core.  You're already ahead by only needing 15cr of UL overall, the BALS and every other degree requires 18cr of UL.

Do you think Project Management will work as an HR Elective? I was thinking it would, but now I’m not sure...
(07-29-2021, 04:26 PM)ECH90 Wrote:

I may try and take a TECEP again just to see if I can hack it. I just hate failing. Last time I failed an “easy” TECEP (English) and convinced myself I couldn't do any of this. I'm going to take a Writing class because it seems, I have lost all ability to write and I will need to be able to do that for the capstone at least. It will also get me some RA credits and maybe a BOG AAS....and  then I may see if I have what it takes. It would sure save some money. I wonder if I should attempt the CIS TECEP. That would help with the residency, keep me enrolled and handle that science credit I believe.

(07-28-2021, 05:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ECH90, you just need to do the Capstone at TESU for $750, you can pay the residency waiver.  I just want to review your academic evaluation, if you can copy/paste the information to a PDF and attach it, or even a screenshot would do, just remove your personal information.  The "Other field" and the "Notes" at the bottom are what I am really looking for, but the entire evaluation would be very helpful as well.   Again, you just need to take the Capstone, you don't need to take the cornerstone if you already have the 1 credit TES-100 course done earlier.  This would be the recommendation - complete the rest of our requirements with CLEP, Sophia.org, and Study.com

I will try. I swear that evaluation page exists only to vex me. I can't for the life of me, get it to where I don't have to scroll in every direction constantly just to see the information. Even printing one prints half the info.

Do you think Project Management will work as an HR Elective? I was thinking it would, but now I’m not sure...

It worked for me.  I have a BSBA/HR degree from TESU, and I have Project Management as a course (I took it free from Sophia back when it was UL).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 74 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 68 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 121 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,075 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 252 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 204 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 414 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 481 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,048 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 800 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts